PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

pdub42 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stable rom for TP2?

I have a sprint TP2, I love the phone and recently updated to WM 6.5 and I like a lot of the ideas but to me the rom as a whole failed miserably. Maybe it is just me but my phone is ridiculously slow now, when sending a text when i close out of the message it takes about 2 minutes before it will reload anything again and on occasion the screen will not turn on right after recieving a text I will have to wait 5 or 10 minutes and then it will start working again. Also the phone keypad does not stay when I use it, the phone now auto defaults to the qwerty keyboard so every time I open it I have to hit the arrow, click phone keypad then click T9. Also the T9 does not save my words that I add. When I close out of the text next time it has forgotten the word already. Are there any 6.5 roms out there that just work? and work fast? I installed a battery indicator at the top of the screen the htc taskmanager and a keyguard that that is it. Now all i have is the keyguard installed and the phone is just the same.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Re: Stable rom for TP2?

I think it depends more on what you want than anything else. The chefs on here do excellent work and are upfront about what they want their roms to offer. Start trying them out until you find one that fits the combination of stability, speed, eye candy, etc. Can't win if you don't play.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

As shallow as it may seem - I look at how many responses are in each of the various ROM's threads and stick with the ones that have more responses. This in no way means they're better, but they'll be more mature.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 05-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

MisterTedster is a n00b

^ I've done that too. I've experiment with nearly all the roms available. None of them have been 100% reliable for me. I always end up having to hard reset or having to flash a new rom.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 AM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub42 View Post
I have a sprint TP2, I love the phone and recently updated to WM 6.5 and I like a lot of the ideas but to me the rom as a whole failed miserably. Maybe it is just me but my phone is ridiculously slow now, when sending a text when i close out of the message it takes about 2 minutes before it will reload anything again and on occasion the screen will not turn on right after recieving a text I will have to wait 5 or 10 minutes and then it will start working again. Also the phone keypad does not stay when I use it, the phone now auto defaults to the qwerty keyboard so every time I open it I have to hit the arrow, click phone keypad then click T9. Also the T9 does not save my words that I add. When I close out of the text next time it has forgotten the word already. Are there any 6.5 roms out there that just work? and work fast? I installed a battery indicator at the top of the screen the htc taskmanager and a keyguard that that is it. Now all i have is the keyguard installed and the phone is just the same.
I try them all but keep going back to Mr.X ROM because nothing never breaks, it's fast, everything works that I need to work, all my app install etc... just can't go wrong
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5329
Old 05-21-2010, 04:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

I agree, Mighty ROM seems to be very good for Sprint. I have tried all of them myself, but no matter what rom I use, I always end back on MR X as well. It definitely is the most stable in my opinion. Give it a shot, and follow the tips in the first 5 posts. Maybe you will be a fan of it too. but ya gotta give em all a chance.

And just as an FYI, Posts like this should be in general, not Upgrades.

Last edited by jmy72; 05-21-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo-Sprint

boost91 is keeping up the good workboost91 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I have tried many (not all) of the tp2 roms, and I can say that NRG's latest 6.5 is great! No real issues yet, and it seems to me very fast. I would definetley recommend giving it a go.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
I try them all but keep going back to Mr.X ROM because nothing never breaks, it's fast, everything works that I need to work, all my app install etc... just can't go wrong
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5329
yeah i was on MR X for a couple months & everything was fine until a couple days ago i went on youtube & it froze my phone & only a soft reset would fix it, but it wasnt his latest & that was the only thing like that thats happened, so i would recommend JDs or MR.X roms

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

thayer is becoming a great contributor

I've been jumping roms trying to find a 6.5/2.5 that is stable and works well. I have not found one. I ended up back on MM's 2/10/10 release of 6.5/2.1. It is the best rom for hard use. I haven't tried MR X's rom. I'll need to check it out the next time I feel like wiping my phone.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

to each his / her own, just flash one, read the thread and come to your own conclusion and play with the ROM for at least a couple of days and do normal stuff that you do on a daily basis and then only then you will come to a ROM that fits your needs and wants. So read, flash and customize you will never go wrong. The reason why I say customize is because that makes you read a thread and that will be the only way you learn about how to alter your device.

hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2