PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Solved. Disregard thread

Phone won't turn on. It will charge and shows the orange LED, but won't turn on. Reset button doesn't work. Took out battery, replaced, tried new battery, nothing works. While it's on charger, pressing and holding the power key does nothing.

Battery is fully charged.

Background:

I was doing wifi tether while charging. I went to turn on screen, and it did nothing. This is common with my phone, so I took of battery and reset. Nothing. Put back on charger and it shows orange LED, but nothing more with work. It was on the charger with screen off. It doesn't feel hotter than normal, and is definitely charged.

Help, please

Don't click me
Old 05-19-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: at&t

djteotancolis is just getting started
Re: Need help please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Phone won't turn on. It will charge and shows the orange LED, but won't turn on. Reset button doesn't work. Took out battery, replaced, tried new battery, nothing works. While it's on charger, pressing and holding the power key does nothing.

Battery is fully charged.

Background:

I was doing wifi tether while charging. I went to turn on screen, and it did nothing. This is common with my phone, so I took of battery and reset. Nothing. Put back on charger and it shows orange LED, but nothing more with work. It was on the charger with screen off. It doesn't feel hotter than normal, and is definitely charged.

Help, please
could you try to see if its booting in bootloader? maybe your rom crashed?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Try and see if you can get to the bootloader screen, take the battery out and put it back in, than hold down the vol. down button and than power button. see if that does anything.

djteotancolis beat me to it lol but above is how you get into bootloader.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

Yeah I could try that. Whats the sequence again? Ive done it before but I forget. Im on Verizon. Is it power and volume lower?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:49 PM
N00b

than hold down the vol. down button and than power button
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ok, so i think I know what happened. Excuse me for being dumb and wasting your time.

I had it on an aftermarket dock for my laptop and I was doing wifi tethering. The dock no longers works I dont believe. I threw my phone on my stock charger, and after a few mins it booted up. I put it back on dock, and it wouldnt charge it.

There lies the fault, the dock.

It is up and running and is going decent. The other battery I threw in must have been dead too.

/me being dumb
Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Ok, so i think I know what happened. Excuse me for being dumb and wasting your time.

I had it on an aftermarket dock for my laptop and I was doing wifi tethering. The dock no longers works I dont believe. I threw my phone on my stock charger, and after a few mins it booted up. I put it back on dock, and it wouldnt charge it.

There lies the fault, the dock.

It is up and running and is going decent. The other battery I threw in must have been dead too.

/me being dumb
i'm glad your phone is working
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Solved. Disregard thread

it always seems to be the simple things lol, just like your car when it doesn't start check the battery cable hehe.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I was freaking out lol. I was doing online apps and it just went out. Then nothing worked. Thanks for the prompt replies, and sorry for your time fellas
Old 05-20-2010, 05:54 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Qmeli, no reason to be sorry. We all learn everyday man. I am sure someone will benefit from your post. Peace out dude

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2