PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/886; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediboy
In my country I could have 3 numbers, 1 GSM, 1 CDMA 800 MHz & 1 CDMA 1900 MHz.
all on 1 phone?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: (ask)Touch Pro 2 CDMA Dual NAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjienan View Post
Let say I want to have three number in my phone, two CDMA numbers and one GSM. Take for example 1 Verizon, 2 US Cellular, 3 T-Mobile (just example, I am not living in US)........This is what I want
i dont know why this is so hard for you to grasp....

yes, you can have all 3 of those numbers... the gsm one would be through a SIM card-solved

itll have your main cdma # - solved, thats line #2 now

and the 3rd number, you cant do it without cloning... WE cant help you with that here in the US... none of us are willing to break such a prominent Federal Law and Forum Rule...

weve told you the things you need to know already...
Old 05-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry
Threadstarter

tjienan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
I went into my phone settings and I seen the option to switch nam. I selected nam 2 and it said my number changed but to my same number. Phone reseted.
So are you trying to say that there is LINE switch option ? glad to hear that
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
ok seriously just get 3 different lines problem solved, heck why dont yo ask to get 10 numbers on one phone.
No need 10 numbers, I only need 6 .... LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
In my country I could have 3 numbers, 1 GSM, 1 CDMA 800 MHz & 1 CDMA 1900 MHz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xicloe View Post
This is true !!!
So are you guys success putting your 3 numbers in your TP2??? TP2 supports DUAL NAM ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont know why this is so hard for you to grasp....

yes, you can have all 3 of those numbers... the gsm one would be through a SIM card-solved

itll have your main cdma # - solved, thats line #2 now

and the 3rd number, you cant do it without cloning... WE cant help you with that here in the US... none of us are willing to break such a prominent Federal Law and Forum Rule...

weve told you the things you need to know already...
I am never clone my ESN but our carrier here allow us to have their number along with other carrier number. No one being let down right?
As my understanding, cloning is puting others ESN to our phone and vice versa, what do you describe the clonning ?

Last edited by tjienan; 05-20-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjienan View Post
but our carrier here allow us to have their number along with other carrier number.
then call your carrier dude.. theyll tell you everything you need to know.. end of story
Old 05-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjienan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
then call your carrier dude.. theyll tell you everything you need to know.. end of story
You should know that no carrier do care about service programming of their customers cellphone. They only process what they have to do, they might help in some setting of the phone, but service programming cellphones I doubt they care about it.......
Old 05-21-2010, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Telkomsel TelkomFlexy

xicloe is just getting started

In my country U can use 1 gsm (with the sims), and 2 cdma (in different bands), they use as modem evdo the first cdma line, and the second just for calling etc.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

but this isnt your country is it?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjienan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
but this isnt your country is it?
I don't care what country, I only want to know regarding the LINE switching option.......but seems that xicloe trying to tell that the TP2 is supporting DUAL NAME

@xicloe
does this also happen with Sprint TP2 ?

Last edited by tjienan; 05-21-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lewellyn is just getting started

Dual NAM used to be very popular back in the AMPS days; these days people simply buy multiple phones. US carriers will still set up Dual NAMs (it's totally unrelated to cloning) if you are knowledgeable and manage to get someone who's more than averagely competent (and your handset supports it, of course, which is precisely what the OP is trying to determine with the TP2).

tjienan, I'll poke at that registry key in a little while and report back with my findings. My TP2 is with Sprint, who historically doesn't support Dual NAM (they never had their own AMPS network, and therefore customers expecting the ability, even 20 years later...). So, a negative won't rule out the ability, but a positive would bode very well for you.

For those of you unfamiliar with Dual NAMs and are equating it with cloning, it's no more cloning than your office phone with 2 outside lines. The hardware supports it, the network supports it, and the operator supports it. It's totally legit, but isn't something usually requested by the Average Joe, as it's almost always been a "business" feature.

UPDATE: I've tested. The registry key quoted on page 2 does indeed give the Switch NAM page. \Windows\switchnam.htm has full instructions on what to do once you've set the registry key. It doesn't even look like you need to do a soft reset! I couldn't actually test, as I only have 1 NAM, but it appears the handset certainly supports it.

Last edited by lewellyn; 05-25-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Updated after test
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjienan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewellyn View Post

UPDATE: I've tested. The registry key quoted on page 2 does indeed give the Switch NAM page. \Windows\switchnam.htm has full instructions on what to do once you've set the registry key. It doesn't even look like you need to do a soft reset! I couldn't actually test, as I only have 1 NAM, but it appears the handset certainly supports it.
What a lovely information lewellyn !!!
This is all I want to know !!!
Thank you very much for helping me having such experiment ... LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2