PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   (ask)Touch Pro 2 CDMA Dual NAM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121689)

tjienan 05-19-2010 11:31 AM

(ask)Touch Pro 2 CDMA Dual NAM

Does TP2 CDMA support Dual NAM as TP1 ?
Anyone knows ? :)

boredandtattooed 05-19-2010 11:42 AM

Re: (ask)Touch Pro 2 CDMA Dual NAM

no.. carriers usually chose to or not to.. you used to able able to do it on Nextel.. your wanting 2 numbers on the same phone i suppose?? check out google voice

tjienan 05-19-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1761768)
no.. carriers usually chose to or not to.. you used to able able to do it on Nextel.. your wanting 2 numbers on the same phone i suppose?? check out google voice

Yes I want 2 numbers in the phone, mostly verizon phone have this capability, TP1 also support this. So does TP2 also has the same capability ?
I don't even know what is google voice.....:drunken:

boredandtattooed 05-19-2010 11:55 AM

well sprint doesnt support it i know that.. its usally not that the device wont, its more the carrier doesnt so the things you do to accomplish it are borderline illegal..

google voice allows you to set up a number, and assign it to upto 3 other devices... so people can call your TP2 on either the GV number or your VZW number.. you can also place calls,sms this way too.... you can technically accomplish zero minutes out and zero minutes in as far as your carrier is concerned using GV..

check it out and if you like it, i have an invite i can send you.. just PM me your email add if you like it and ill get ya invited

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

psycho_maniac 05-19-2010 11:56 AM

Get a google voice number and forward that to your cellphone number. problem solved.
bored. where is that album art from?

boredandtattooed 05-19-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1761814)
Get a google voice number and forward that to your cellphone number. problem solved.
bored. where is that album art from?

Mindless Self Indulgence album Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy

tjienan 05-19-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1761809)
well sprint doesnt support it i know that.. its usally not that the device wont, its more the carrier doesnt so the things you do to accomplish it are borderline illegal..

google voice allows you to set up a number, and assign it to upto 3 other devices... so people can call your TP2 on either the GV number or your VZW number.. you can also place calls,sms this way too.... you can technically accomplish zero minutes out and zero minutes in as far as your carrier is concerned using GV..

check it out and if you like it, i have an invite i can send you.. just PM me your email add if you like it and ill get ya invited

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

The main problem is I already have two carriers numbers, the google voice might not be a solution for me. So this TP2 actually support the DUAL NAM or not ?

burtonsnow8 05-19-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjienan (Post 1761857)
The main problem is I already have two carriers numbers, the google voice might not be a solution for me. So this TP2 actually support the DUAL NAM or not ?

It might, but vzw might not want you to be able to. Read up on EPST settings, there might be something in there which allows you to do it.

boredandtattooed 05-19-2010 12:11 PM

if what your asking isnt something you cant call your carrier and ask to do... so your carrier doesnt support it..

if you have 2 seperate lines on VZW and you want both numbers to call on ONE device... its not gonna happen.. not without "clever programming" and any and every devices supports that.. but you cant ask for help, not on this site..

tjienan 05-19-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1761872)
if what your asking isnt something you cant call your carrier and ask to do... so your carrier doesnt support it..

if you have 2 seperate lines on VZW and you want both numbers to call on ONE device... its not gonna happen.. not without "clever programming" and any and every devices supports that.. but you cant ask for help, not on this site..

Yes it might need service programming but it will never work if the phone does not support the DUAL NAM capability, just like most Sprint phone.....
One thing I might not have tell, I am not in United States. But our carrier here allow us to have two numbers in one device.
And I am very sure that it is impossible to have two active line altogether. I just need both number but of course they are stand alone for each call, 1 number can not be use while I am using the other one. All I want to know is does the phone has this capability ? :)