PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 01:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

VENTURE7O7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about total protection plan

Sup guys, anyone know the details of the total protection plan. I either lost my touch pro 2 or someone stole it a week ago. I'm planning on paying the 100.00 deductible for another one but im eligible for full upgrade sept.1(Evo2) and don't want to lose my 150.00 eligibility sept 1. Does anyone know if i get the touch pro 2 through total protection plan now, will I lose my 150.00 eligibility on sept 1? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mark
Old 05-17-2010, 01:21 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: question about total protection plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENTURE7O7 View Post
Sup guys, anyone know the details of the total protection plan. I either lost my touch pro 2 or someone stole it a week ago. I'm planning on paying the 100.00 deductible for another one but im eligible for full upgrade sept.1(Evo2) and don't want to lose my 150.00 eligibility sept 1. Does anyone know if i get the touch pro 2 through total protection plan now, will I lose my 150.00 eligibility on sept 1? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mark
No you do not loose the $150 upgrade..also if you can report the phone missing to the police and they can locate it as well...or if it was stolen you can claim it stolen for a partial refund as well.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-17-2010, 01:39 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
No you do not loose the $150 upgrade..also if you can report the phone missing to the police and they can locate it as well...or if it was stolen you can claim it stolen for a partial refund as well.
never in my life have i heard that.. a refund?? no way..
you can claim it lost and theyll gove ya another for the 100.. if you claim it stolen, sometimes they want a police filing and a copy of it.... either way sometimes they do require an avidavit.. just a photocopy of your ID and sign your name on the line sort of thing...

just say its lost, save you some hassle... either way if you find it, they expect that youll send it back
Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
never in my life have i heard that.. a refund?? no way..
you can claim it lost and theyll gove ya another for the 100.. if you claim it stolen, sometimes they want a police filing and a copy of it.... either way sometimes they do require an avidavit.. just a photocopy of your ID and sign your name on the line sort of thing...

just say its lost, save you some hassle... either way if you find it, they expect that youll send it back
I didn't mean refund from sprint...

also I just remembered..you may be able to get Family Locator and locate your phone as long as the phone is lost recently and has not ran out of power. Then cancel it once you find the phone.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:05 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I didn't mean refund from sprint...
who did you mean a refund from then, cuz asurion sure isnt giving you anything either..
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Seems like your best bet would be to pick up an used phone til then.

If you have ms myphone on it, you can locate it and you can also do a remote wipe on it.
http://sn1-p3.myphone.microsoft.com/...=1274076754958

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2