PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
STAYING with WinMo

Since everyday I get online and see new threads pop up about changing phones, I decided to start a thread about people STAYING with WinMo/TP2.

Comment if you like this or are staying

Don't click me
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I have a tp2 and an hd2, i'm not going anywhere!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: STAYING with WinMo

STAYING with Windows Mobile here. I am impressed with some of the things Android can do but it has at least 1 more year to go before I'd consider switching.
I really like the simplicity and customization of Windows Mobile. All the features just seem to be there. Most of the applications I need to run are there and haven't been ported to Android yet.
It'll be tough to change if it is that Windows Mobile dies. As is most people the Windows Phone 7 isn't looking too promising.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

im getting an EVO, but as a 2nd line out of my 4... so im staying with WinMO and going to android...

im a tech junkie, can never have too much hardware laying around...and for 199 why not get the most specced device about to be on the market anyways..

the evo is saving me from buying a BlueRay Player... i can download blueray/hd movies, put them on my phone, and use the HDMIOut to play it on the TV.. no need for a seperate player now

i, like some others, am not really looking forward to win phone 7 so far... doesnt mean they wont show something good at some point... and if its cost friendly, ill prob still buy a win phone 7 anyways when they come out.. just because i like to stay on top of technology, especially when it comes to phones... i have 4 lines, so ill have no prob having 4 diff phones with various OS' on them...
Old 05-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

DEF staying with WinMo/WP7. Prolly have one of each...

I get WAY too many "I wish my phone could do that..."s from iPhone/Android users to even consider switching!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Staying with the TP2 for now. LOL, I just got mine. I was a bit late to the party after taking an Intrepid detour. I wish it had more RAM, but just the other day I pulled it out to send a quick email, flipped open the keyboard, typed out a perfect email and hit send. I'm quite happy with this one. Evo with a keyboard...maybe. We'll see. Besides, I wasted my upgrade on the Intrepid so I have to wait until fall anyway. I'm trying to get out of the "must have newest thing" mindset and into the "find what works for me and just use it" mindset.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think I will be with WM 6.5 for along time till unless Window Phone 7 is just something totally better than it sounds.

Right now WM is really the only smartphone OS that you truly have control over in my opinion, I know android is getting better but its just not quite there in my opinion. App stores are nice and all but do you really want to have the only place you can find programs is on your phone? its so nice to be able to browse forums like this and download and have a better control over installing things.

There is sooo many GREAT programs on this site that make's WM truly what it should be and how it was meant to function, Co0kies Home Tab is something that should have been stock with sense and its great communities like this one that makes WM what it is today. Just my thoughts on it.

We needed this thread great Idea.

Thanks

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:24 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I'm trying to get out of the "must have newest thing" mindset and into the "find what works for me and just use it" mindset.

well said honestly... wish i could get myself to think like that sometimes... then maybe id get some sleep instead of tweaking/hacking all night LOL
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

Well said honestly... Wish i could get myself to think like that sometimes... Then maybe id get some sleep instead of tweaking/hacking all night lol
+1 lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

well said honestly... wish i could get myself to think like that sometimes... then maybe id get some sleep instead of tweaking/hacking all night LOL
I just bought a TP to mess around with and use as a MP3 player is that bad lol? I don't think I am going to activate it right now, Just don't want to destroy my TP2 while working in the yard and working out. I already have the unlocker and ROM that I am going to use for it downloaded lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2