PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

stenuine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please Help - HTC TouchPro2 Sprint - Side volume up/down buttons no longer working

Anyone ever have the volume up/down buttons on the side of the phone stop functioning correctly?

Looks like the buttons themselves still work (they now scroll up/down on pages instead of adjusting volume up/down). Any suggestions?

I've tried using a keyboard config app and mapping each of the side buttons (vol up/vol down), but no luck.

I'm running Energy Rom sense 2.5, cookie hometab 1.6 and HDwalls with cookie patch.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Please Help - HTC TouchPro2 Sprint - Side volume up/down buttons no longer workin

have you tried a hardreset yet? backup your info and try that.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stenuine is a n00b
Re: Please Help - HTC TouchPro2 Sprint - Side volume up/down buttons no longer workin

Thanks - I will look to try the hard-reset. Are you aware of any really good backup programs for contacts and data? Just want to be sure I won't lose anything, as this is my first time backing up.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Been a while since Ive heard this one come up... Did you istall a custom taskbar? The last few times I saw this happen, was when someone installed an old taskbar, or one for the wrong OS (6.1/6.5). The .DLLs are different for the volume control, and can cause it to switch to the scrolling you're referring to. A hard reset should def fix it, but it may be as simple as unistalling a taskbar.

There was something else besides taskbars too that ive seen cause this... just can quite remember what it was... what else you have installed?

EDIT* You can use Microsoft MyPhone to backup/restore your phone.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stenuine is a n00b

Thanks Kliptik. Tasbar on the very top of screen, correct? Like w/windows icon and "start" on left, 'x' on the right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Been a while since Ive heard this one come up... Did you istall a custom taskbar? The last few times I saw this happen, was when someone installed an old taskbar, or one for the wrong OS (6.1/6.5). The .DLLs are different for the volume control, and can cause it to switch to the scrolling you're referring to. A hard reset should def fix it, but it may be as simple as unistalling a taskbar.

There was something else besides taskbars too that ive seen cause this... just can quite remember what it was... what else you have installed?

EDIT* You can use Microsoft MyPhone to backup/restore your phone.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stenuine is a n00b

BTW - I have cookie home tab rom, wallpaper cabs, hdwall, custom transparent slidebar at bottom of home screen, all-black task bar, gothic clock, s2u2. Thats about it. I do kind of remember the volume bar stopped working at a certain time, and i think it was around when i installed taskbar. Will let you know if it works.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited by stenuine; 05-16-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: s2u2
Old 05-16-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

i would love to have volume buttons function as page up/down... only in applications though lol
Old 05-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stenuine is a n00b

. there's an app on xda that lets you use the zoom bar for scrolling.

Klip- I think I tracked down the .cab file and deleted, but my black taskbar was still there. I'm still trying to figure out where the files for my apps save when I install them. Easier on storage card to find, but tough for ones that are on device. Any tips on finding where programs install on the device? I used to have the remove program widget/app, but can't even find it now :-/
Old 05-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenuine View Post
. there's an app on xda that lets you use the zoom bar for scrolling.

Klip- I think I tracked down the .cab file and deleted, but my black taskbar was still there. I'm still trying to figure out where the files for my apps save when I install them. Easier on storage card to find, but tough for ones that are on device. Any tips on finding where programs install on the device? I used to have the remove program widget/app, but can't even find it now :-/
Yeah I'm referring to the top taskbar that has icons (signal stregnth, battery, etc.). To remove it, go to: Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs. Then find the taskbar in the listview, select it, and tap "Remove" towards the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stenuine is a n00b

just did it. unfortunately, nothing. I'm goiing to try keyboard config app again now that those tab settings are gone, but thinking it probably wont work. :-/. idk i rly dont wanna hard reset if i dont have to, but who knows

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2