PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 11:24 AM
12stringchap

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Bottom HTC Sense Android Phone Bar

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the bottom phone bar of the HTC Sense Android as the phone bar of the newer windows 6.5 package? I don't need it to scroll side to side but just the phone button, up arrow and + part.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Bottom HTC Sense Android Phone Bar

pretty sure youd have to skin that in a theme or something... SPB i think has an android theme like that... im not sure... i just remeber when sense first came around there were ROMs with it cooked in to look like the real Sense UI.. that was before Sense got intergrated with TF3D really though...

i think its possible, but i think your gonna have to find the right theme or setup to get it that away nowadays... ill go look for some links for ya.. im sure someone else can help too.. i only use sense because im forced to basically.. im used to it dont get my wrong

edit.. this is kinda how its gonna have to be to get what you want.. this is a titanium theme that give you the Full Sense Overlay, not a HTC/MS integration as much like now a days... it doesnt say WVGA though, so this one spefically wont work, may may get you on the right path.. http://pocketnow.com/software-1/give...se-ui-makeover

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-13-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Its a skin for SPB Mobile Shell:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=604146
Old 05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

see, i knew there had to be a SPB one or something.. except SPB will set ya back like 20 or 30 bucks wont it??? theres ways using titanium to do it through skinning/theme-ing.. id look into those OP, unless you already have SPB, or you dont mind paying for it
Old 05-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

well, there are other similar options that are free. Here are some i've seen:

http://forum.ageye.de/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1255&p=5941

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532453

http://www.throttlelauncher.com/port...ottleLauncher/
Old 05-13-2010, 03:10 PM
12stringchap

I saw a gtx theme with the Sense UI on windows mobile with a solid bar at the bottom. I figured something like this could be cooked up with out using SPB Mobile. Not a huge fan of it.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

so why are you not using that GTX theme then.. was it not wvga? didnt like all the white?? your options are going to be somewhat limited.. if you needed it for vga or qvga(touch pro 1 or diamond) im sure youd have an easier time...
Old 05-13-2010, 04:30 PM
12stringchap

The Gtx theme didn't have that bar. It was just different than the normal windows bar which made me think it could be done. I guess if I have to use spb mobile, I will. I just have never had good luck with it and found it aggrevating.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:14 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

well then why are you not looking into a skinned titanium then?? like my first link....

its a titanium theme, but operates like Full Sense... you wont be really using titanium
Old 05-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stringchap View Post
The Gtx theme didn't have that bar. It was just different than the normal windows bar which made me think it could be done. I guess if I have to use spb mobile, I will. I just have never had good luck with it and found it aggrevating.

b&t's first link only has the WM bar at the bottom because they are using WM 6.5.5, if you use something like WM 6.1 you will probably just have the two softkey's (and there are probably even some registries to remove it all the way).

If you don't like SPB mobile shell, you can also test out Throttle launcher, which I posted a link to earlier in this thread. There is a Sense UI for throttle launcher (although I'm not sure how well it works). Either way we have given you a couple options to exhaust and see which you like best.

If you have any other questions let us know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2