PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pandora App fixed with newest Rendition of MightyROM?

Hiya fellas

I used to absolutely love the Pandora app for my TP2 running MightyROM (currently the most up to date ROM just released a short while ago) for the months in the past, but as I updated and flashed to newer MR's as they were released Pandora would cut off every song with 30 seconds left, leaving a long amount of dead air before getting to the next song.

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved yet, and if it was due to the ROM or the App? At any rate, I would love a link to the resource where I can download the most recent iteration of Pandora for Windows Mobile, I'd be more than willing to give it a try again - I never minded the small buttons because the overall function was so great and I was never able to get Slacker Radio or anything else to simply work.

Thanks so much!!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Re: Pandora App fixed with newest Rendition of MightyROM?

This is posted in the wrong section, this section is for ROMs only.

I myself never had any issues with Pandora on any ROM. Try the CAB I use (attached), see if it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Pandora-TP2(WVGA).cab (843.6 KB, 137 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post

I myself never had any issues with Pandora on any ROM. Try the CAB I use (attached), see if it works for you.
Thanks a lot for the .CAB, I will give it a shot tonight. I only posted here because I have only ever experienced issues as I continued to upgrade on MightyROM, and others had expressed the same issue about three months ago, but I have not been around enough to know if it was rectified. Since it was ROM specific, I thought it would be best suited asked here.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forums.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:

I wanted to thank you again for the .cab, I just installed and ran it while working out, and it didn't cut songs off at the end - but the weird feedback sort of static that Pandora gives between songs and during the first 30 seconds was so bad I finally had to unplug my cell phone from the aux input on my stereo and just use FM radio. I don't know what causes that high pitched morse-code type of back ground noise, but maybe it won't be so bad if I use my bluetooth earphones?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
I wanted to thank you again for the .cab, I just installed and ran it while working out, and it didn't cut songs off at the end - but the weird feedback sort of static that Pandora gives between songs and during the first 30 seconds was so bad I finally had to unplug my cell phone from the aux input on my stereo and just use FM radio. I don't know what causes that high pitched morse-code type of back ground noise, but maybe it won't be so bad if I use my bluetooth earphones?
Sometimes I get that noise as well, I just close out the app, go back in and it's usually ok!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sometimes I get that noise as well, I just close out the app, go back in and it's usually ok!
Thanks... I will give it a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2