PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

PX32 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Sync Problems

I've been using win 6.5 with the clean up and tweaks cab on my touch pro 2, but for some reason when I use google sync it adds these random notes to my contacts, creates doubles of all my calendar events, and sometimes creates random blank contacts. I also had a problem where if I used the my fav tab, it would say there is a connection error and it would erase my contact list from my phone. I stopped trying to use the friends tab, but it would be useful if I could have everything working right. Any suggestions?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BlaqMogul is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to BlaqMogul
Re: Google Sync Problems

try looking at your contacts thru your gmail account to see if youre getting the same issues (unnamed contacts with addresses, double contacts, etc.) edit them there and then activesync. with the calendar, do the same thing.....i believe the 'doubling' of calendar events is a known issue with a fix for it. i never had that iisue with the calendar though. also try changing your setting for the outlook (activesync) in your phone (i.e. if there is a conflict, delete of device) ONLY DO THIS AFTER YOU MAKE THE NECESSARY EDITS ON YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT. As a fail-safe, use ppc pim backup for your contacts before you do anything (with the mistakes and all) just in case you delete contacts that you *cant get back* as per activesync. i hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

PX32 is a n00b
Re: Google Sync Problems

I did that for now, but the issue comes up every once in a while. Plus I kinda would prefer to have the contacts tab back. Thanks for the advice though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
google, sync, touch pro 2