PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
What the hell?? Email suddenly is getting all messages from 1 year ago.

Ok what the hell is going on with this thing. My Yahoo mail has always worked fine. I have it set to get messages from ast 30 days and newer. It has always worked well, up untill today. Now when I send/receive, it starts downloading messages from May of LAST year up til today. I checked settings and sure enough its still set at 30 days. I cant get my friggin email because it queues over 500 messages from my inbox history on yahoo to download. I have to stop it. Can someone tell me whats going on witht this? Aside from manually going through al of my old mail onine and deleting messages, what can I do to remedy this? I have messages in there I want saved, so going through it isn't very practical. I shouldn't have to.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:42 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: What the hell?? Email suddenly is getting all messages from 1 year ago.

Thats crazy. Glad I stopped using yahoo.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

But I don't think it's Yahoo's fault. The mail in question is all legit mail, not spam. Well, forum spam more like lol. Stupid thread subscriptions in there galore. I just haven't got around to deleting them off the server yet. Its something the phone is doing.. like its ignoring the download settings I put in there al of a sudden. Dumb ass windows mobie.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
But I don't think it's Yahoo's fault. The mail in question is all legit mail, not spam. Well, forum spam more like lol. Stupid thread subscriptions in there galore. I just haven't got around to deleting them off the server yet. Its something the phone is doing.. like its ignoring the download settings I put in there al of a sudden. Dumb ass windows mobie.
I know this is going to sound obvious but have you tried deleting and resetting up the account?

on a side note I got a wild hair up my you know what, and cleaned out my Gmail account today. my all mail folder went from 3000 to about 300.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
Ok what the hell is going on with this thing. My Yahoo mail has always worked fine. I have it set to get messages from ast 30 days and newer. It has always worked well, up untill today. Now when I send/receive, it starts downloading messages from May of LAST year up til today. I checked settings and sure enough its still set at 30 days. I cant get my friggin email because it queues over 500 messages from my inbox history on yahoo to download. I have to stop it. Can someone tell me whats going on witht this? Aside from manually going through al of my old mail onine and deleting messages, what can I do to remedy this? I have messages in there I want saved, so going through it isn't very practical. I shouldn't have to.
i know exactly what you are talking about. it is annoying as hell. i have mine set to 7 days which keeps me at about 5 emails. now and again out of nowhere i got 150 plus emails fro years back. it darn near freezes the phoen and brings the overall speed to a crawl. i got fed up after the latest episode and either deleted or moved all my emails to avoid this in the future. this issur sems to be pretty random and ony happens with Yahoo.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

zsunsun is just getting started

I had this problem last month, turns out one of the database file has been damaged somehow and all went nuts.

I just flashed new version of ROM after wasting near 10 hours trying to remedy the problem
Old 05-10-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor

it happens with my yahoo acct from time to time. just go into accounts, clear <acct name> and it will erse the ones on your handset, but it will leave the server alone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment

spuddy is a n00b

My TP did this about once every 2 weeks. I had to delete and re-setup the account to fix it. My TP2 has been good about this so far, about 1 month.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ive had this happen several times.just change send/receive schedule to anything.example:todays messages only.Send/receive then set it back to what you usually had it on.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I wouldnt blame this on wm... I never had this problem with gmail. There are quite a few solutions here. Im sure they will fix your problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2