PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

ac0x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Newest MightyRom - Headphone jack volume level switch NG

Seems the latest MightyRom 6.5/2.5/5-1-2010 has lost the feature where you could switch between two volume levels by plugging or unplugging something in the headphone jack.

Is there a fix for this?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA :(
Carrier: Sprint

afripino is becoming a great contributor
Re: Newest MightyRom - Headphone jack volume level switch NG

did you go to the settings tab in sense (manila), then sounds, then turn off "use single volume control" ? I'm running FF and it was in there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by afripino View Post
did you go to the settings tab in sense (manila), then sounds, then turn off "use single volume control" ? I'm running FF and it was in there.
Thanks, I had really liked the single volume control but did not think it was there.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That just allows you to control system and ring volume seperately. Im talking about the phone volume level itself switching between one level and another simply by either having something plugged in or not in the 3.5mm headphone jack.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

blix1337 is a n00b

can anyone create a simple cab/app that enables this feature?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blix1337 View Post
can anyone create a simple cab/app that enables this feature?
Or even a registy edit, or heck even a statement that it's from an HTC or MS provided system DLL that can't be changed for one reason or another.

I'm still wondering if it has to do with a fix to the "my headphone icon gets stuck forever" problem that sometimes happens on the TP2s...

Last edited by ac0x; 05-10-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

kavuday is a n00b

+1 for a request to bring auto volume switch back. It's not just MightyRom that has this feature crippled though, I'm using NRG's and have the same problem.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavuday View Post
+1 for a request to bring auto volume switch back. It's not just MightyRom that has this feature crippled though, I'm using NRG's and have the same problem.
This really makes me think it has to do with a later version of either WM or Sense...

OK then, for the record:

Windows Mobile 6.5: OS 5.2.21889 (21889.5.0.87)
Manilla version: 2.5.20121324.1
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac0x View Post
Or even a registy edit, or heck even a statement that it's from an HTC or MS provided system DLL that can't be changed for one reason or another.

I'm still wondering if it has to do with a fix to the "my headphone icon gets stuck forever" problem that sometimes happens on the TP2s...
I think the stuck icon is a hardware issue. i had it before and i couldnt get any sound to play except through headphones. after looking around online it seems the pin inside the jack is pretty fragile... i finally fixed it by inserting a different set of headphones and pulling them out... (weird i know)

now tho, my phone isnt recognizing my headphones are even plugged in... hoping i dont have to get a replacement...

on the volume changing, if someone knows the regedit (if there is one) i can CAB it up.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I think the stuck icon is a hardware issue. i had it before and i couldnt get any sound to play except through headphones. after looking around online it seems the pin inside the jack is pretty fragile... i finally fixed it by inserting a different set of headphones and pulling them out... (weird i know)...
I'm thinking it might be BOTH a hardware and software issue, and it's related something other than the pin inside the jack. The reason I'm saying this is that myself (and several others) have had the problem, have done hard resets, have played around many many times with the jack with no result, only to have it "magically" fix itself and stay fixed. If it WAS a problem with the jack, you'd expect it to STAY broken, or at least break again soon after once the pin went back out of whack again. The way it breaks and the way it resolves itself seems to point to some sort of internal issue that gets aggrivated by something, then UNaggrivated by something else. And if its a file ROM, a hard reset of course would just replace the same quirky file.

Its not beyond the relm of possibility that the volume level switch is what was aggrivating the problem. And instead of HTC fixing the hardware problem on existing devices, they just disabled the feature that was aggrivating it in the first place...

Last edited by ac0x; 05-10-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: syntax

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2