PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Jelli is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Duplicate Calendar Entries on HTC TP2

I have a HTC Tp2 by Verizon for some reason I now have duplicate calendar entries on my Outlook Calendar and my Phone. I have Outlook 2007 and I am using active sync 4.5. I have Window Mobile 6.5 on my phone. Is there some tool that I can use to delete the dupes?

Last edited by Jelli; 05-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b
Re: Duplicate Calendar Entries on HTC TP2

I use Outlook Cleaner: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70998
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jelli is a n00b

Will it work with Windows 6.5?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

Should.. I have it, but haven't used it yet.

Edit

Just used it and it works fine. :P

Last edited by krnfrk6663; 05-12-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelli View Post
I have a HTC Tp2 by Verizon for some reason I now have duplicate calendar entries on my Outlook Calendar and my Phone. I have Outlook 2007 and I am using active sync 4.5. I have Window Mobile 6.5 on my phone. Is there some tool that I can use to delete the dupes?
What version of outlook do you have? I know in 2007 you can have multiple calendars. I had the same problem till i deleted the extra calendars set up in Outlook. Finally I deleted Outlook. I just sync with my gmail account online. I don't do any top secret stuff, so I am not that worried about security like some people warn about. I receive no extra spam, nor do any of my contacts. But I also don't worry about if it will sync with outlook, I also don't have to have my phone tied to my PC to update calendar or contacts, that is done almost instantly.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

ONFUS is a n00b

That has happened to me several times. Sometimes after a hard reset, sometimes after playing around with ActiveSync, when setting up GoogleSync or when trying to sync two computers on different windows versions. I have also had issues with duplicate contact lists. It has to do with ActiveSync lousy profile handling. Also the Facebook Integration causes birthdays to get duplicated - and you might end up having those 4 times or more. I also have had problems with appointments that never sync. I use two programs: Pocket Mechanic on the TP2 (a great little app that has a 30 days free trial but I ended up purchasing) and ODIR (free from Vaita) on the outlook side. If you go the ODIR way and if you are on a server, switch to offline mode before using otherwise will hang. For appointmets that never sync - either delete them or edit them. For some reason some all-day appointments get the start and end times reversed thus creating errors for appointments that finish before they start. Unfortunatedly you'll have to this one-by-one. Bottomline - ActiveSync is not great but not much of a choice if u are on XP.

Some posts will recommend deleting the relationship - I will advise against this. While it will in fact fix the relationship problems, ActiveSync may may feel like deleting everything.

Last edited by ONFUS; 05-12-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 05-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunNsnow View Post
I tried this and worked just fine on WM 6.5.x.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5

jeephed is just getting started

I have the same issue with contacts. I don't want to hi-jack this thread so please let me know if I should start a new one, but it's the same problem. I use Hotmail, and all the time extra duplicates show up in the phone, and sometimes huge amounts of contacts get deleted in Outlook as well. I'm using Windows 7 and Windows Mobile 6.5. I think it's funny how these are all Microsoft software and they don't work together well. Do you know if there is an upgrade to the Windows Mobile Device Center that might fix this?
Thanks for all your help.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jelli is a n00b

@Jeephed you don't need to start a new thread. This why I started this thread because I knew I wasn't the only one having this problem. I've since done a hard reset(I was having other problems) and now I dont have duplicate entries. I've decided to only sync my calendar with outlook and use Microsoft myphone to sync everything else. Microsoft Myphone let's me delete the duplicate entries.if this happens again I will try the program that was suggested above.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2