PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drnick5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Can no longer make or receive calls! HELP!

Hey guys,

I have a Toucb pro 2 on sprint, have had it for about 6-8 months (Sprint replaced my original Touch pro with the TP2 after I complained enough)

Last night I got a phone call and attempted to answer it, it showed the call as "connected" and started counting, but I couldn't hear anything. I ended the call and attempted to call the person back, again, it says "connected" and starts the counter but I still can't hear anything.

I tried flashing back to stock rom, updating the profile, pri... nothing. I tried numerous clear storage with no luck.

Data and text seem to be working just fine! any ideas on what I can try? I hav insurance on this phone but I'm not gonna pay the $100 deductible with the Evo coming out in a month or so. this phone is technically till under its 1 year warranty as well.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Nick
Old 05-03-2010, 09:35 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: TP2 Can no longer make or receive calls! HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
Hey guys,

I have a Toucb pro 2 on sprint, have had it for about 6-8 months (Sprint replaced my original Touch pro with the TP2 after I complained enough)

Last night I got a phone call and attempted to answer it, it showed the call as "connected" and started counting, but I couldn't hear anything. I ended the call and attempted to call the person back, again, it says "connected" and starts the counter but I still can't hear anything.

I tried flashing back to stock rom, updating the profile, pri... nothing. I tried numerous clear storage with no luck.

Data and text seem to be working just fine! any ideas on what I can try? I hav insurance on this phone but I'm not gonna pay the $100 deductible with the Evo coming out in a month or so. this phone is technically till under its 1 year warranty as well.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Nick
what rom and any tweaks for"data disconnect"? i would hardreset/clearstorage then run your backup.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i dont know a fix off hand.. but you wont need to pay a deductable... just take it to a store and theyll repair or replace it for you...

insurance deductables/claims are for 4 reason ONLY - water damage, broken/damaged(dropped, screen break, etc), lost, or stolen.. thats it... if anyones device doesnt fall into one of those 4 specific categories, then you take the device to the Carrier always.. assuming one has TEP insurance...

so, restore everything to stock.. take it to a store and theyll take care of ya... no need to go through insurance AT ALL
Old 05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

drnick5 is just getting started

thanks for the help, gonna bring this to a sprint store and see what they can do
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

no prb... shouldnt have an issue there at the store
Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rafman is a n00b

i have the same problem its stuck in headphone mode i see the headphone in the top corner its like a wired headphone icon. i can only talk to people with the bluetooth. they cant hear me and i cant hear them if i just use the phone
Old 05-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafman View Post
i have the same problem its stuck in headphone mode i see the headphone in the top corner its like a wired headphone icon. i can only talk to people with the bluetooth. they cant hear me and i cant hear them if i just use the phone
Try turning off BT in Comm settings.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
thanks for the help, gonna bring this to a sprint store and see what they can do

Please post your experience at the sprint store.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Try turning off BT in Comm settings.
I had that happen once, had to soft reset it to get it to work

Chris
Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafman View Post
This happened to me on saturday. I couldnt hear any sound when I made/recieved calls and then I noticed the headset icon. I soft reset my phone and it didnt work so I did a hard reset and that didnt work. So then I blew inside the headphone input as hard as I could a few times and it fixed it. The icon went away and I could hear my calls!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2