PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Fix for SOD(failure to wake up/confirmed sprint)

I know what you are thinking, another thread for SOD. Well I have been tested my method for about a month now and thought maybe you guys would want to try it out if you are still having the problem. If you don't know what SOD is, its simply stands for Standby of Death. Which means that your device goes into sleep mode and either doesn't "wake-up" or takes multiple presses or a long time for it to "wake-up" and end up taking battery out and reseting your phone. There has been people discussing that the problem maybe caused by a bad radio flash or LD (Lock Device), and/or aftermarket chargers not HTC branded. I haven't personally flashed any new/different radios, except for the new sprint upgrade. Or tried any aftermarket wall chargers or cables but have used LD before. Now I use smartlock which in my opinion is better, not trying to put down LD but its just not for me. Ok now for my method:

Instructions:

Download and extract the stock .nbh file of your carrier, in this case Sprint. New Sprint 6.5 update
  • I use winrar. Open winrar go to where you downloaded file (should be an .exe file) and open it using winrar. you will see ruu_signed.nbh extract it to let say your desktop. Rename it to rhodimg.nbh and place it on the root of your storage card (meaning not in any folder).
Next Making sure you have backed up your contacts and any other important info you may need perform a clear storage from your system settings. Once it boots back to Manila, perform a flash from your storage card ( have the rhodimg.nbh on the root of sd card). With a sprint touch pro 2 just reset device holding volume down or turn off device and while holding volume down turn on phone. Should boot into bootloader and will ask you to flash new rom/radio/splashscreen...etc Taking into consideration that you are hardspl unlocked and been flashing roms for a while.
Once its flashed, restart phone. Once you get into Manila, perform a clear storage . Let it boot back into manila. After this is done its time to do a task29. Which you can find info (Thanks to Morty) here.
I use the task29 that ziggy posted here. Its fool proof don't need to add radio or anything else. It flashes a boot screen instead. Wipes everything clean, run just like you would flashing a rom through RUU, only through a computer, must be connected to active sync, or WMDC for vista and windows 7.
Now you will need a ROM, I recommend Mighty's ROM they are awesome they speak for themselves. http://www.mightyrom.com
Pick one there are three versions:
Official (Stock feel to it)
Special Edition (Same as Official but with some bling)
Full Force (Full Force 6.5.x start menu on bottom)
Check his thread out for more info here.
I recommend Special Edition . Special Edition and Full Force are under Touch Pro 2 Projects.
Flash you Mighty ROM of choice from you SD card. Restart.Let it boot to Manila. Once loaded,do clear storage one more time and your done. I do this every time i flash a new rom...my new flash dance you could say. Might be extra steps for some but well worth it to me. Hope this helps
I use HD Mini lock and Smartlock that I posted here.
Thanks to Morty, Ziggy, MightyMike, if i left anyone out let me know. Thanks

Last edited by vzihome; 05-03-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Better Title?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Fix for SOD(failure to wake up/confirmed sprint)

so this thread literally has nothing to do with the SOD huh??? its just steps on how to flash and do the flash dance is all..
Old 05-03-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

^^ haha I was wondering same thing..??

Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

KyleAsher is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KyleAsher Send a message via Yahoo to KyleAsher

Has anyone tried this? I have tried a lot of things that don't seem to help but don't have the time to do it today. If anyone tries it please post back with your results!
450 Non-Mobile Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data
Phones Used: HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Phone currently using: HTC Touch Pro2
San Antonio, Texas
Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

I have been running Mr. X (february version) on VZW for a couple months with no SOD issues. I had been having them with Mighty's production 6.5 and with his full force 6.5.

So, I guess being on the RIGHT ROM image is a cure. "Right" is whatever works for you and cures the problem!

Skip
Old 05-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so this thread literally has nothing to do with the SOD huh??? its just steps on how to flash and do the flash dance is all..
Yes which were the steps i did to fix SOD for good. Did nothing different installed same "ROMS" i was having issues with, same cabs including LD. Havent seen issue since.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i know that there isn't any magical cabs or special regedits but doesn't mean it didn't fix my problem. please post if this works for you.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I haven't noticed any SOD issues unless I am using LockDevice, though I may have found a solution, well at least it seems as such because I don't get SODs when I do this. Install/Activate LD 1.6, disable Sense from home screen, run MemMaid full clean (paid software, sorry), and re-activate Sense, so SODs. When I activate LD without the clean, I run into SOD issues. Not sure what is removed during the cleaning process but it seems to help.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

ive only ever had stock roms running on my phones ... at first with the last phone i would apply pressure as if i was gonna slide the cover off & phone would wake up ... odd but it worked every time & i have posted about it. then the phone stopped responding to that after a while & a soft reset was the only way to get it to come on at all after a sleep. hard resets did nothing. idk if what u say is the cure but if u ask me .. the only fix for S.O.D. is . . . go visit a sprint store & swap the sh!t out.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipster View Post
I have been running Mr. X (february version) on VZW for a couple months with no SOD issues. I had been having them with Mighty's production 6.5 and with his full force 6.5.

So, I guess being on the RIGHT ROM image is a cure. "Right" is whatever works for you and cures the problem!

Skip
Not 100% accurate... My girl and I both have TP2's and I flashed hers to a T identically the same as mine (radio, rom, etc) and she has SOD issues and I don't..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
backlight, fix, mighty, sod