PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Notes" in contacts: Can't quickly access anymore. HTC complicates w/too many steps.

I love the new home screens, the quick tabs, and the favorite "people" tabs HTC has been releasing with new products and cooks have been creating ROMS with.

But, HTC is making "contacts" and "messaging" so complicated with so many more additional steps to do simple things.
I would love to know why they are going backwards and hope they can correct some of these things.

Case in point:"Notes" in "Contacts".
You used to be able to QUICKLY access them to read to add information.
Now, the notes done't even come up any more. HTC forces you to go to "edit". Then "edit contacts". Then you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Then you have to hit "more". THen you have to select "notes".

What a pain in the ass! Especially if you are in a meeting and need to access or add info in real time.

The original WM5 contacts were easier to navigate than this.
This is NOT progress.

Last edited by tt C6; 04-30-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

weims09 is keeping up the good workweims09 is keeping up the good work
Re: "Notes" in contacts: Can't quickly access anymore. HTC complicates w/too many ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
I love the new home screens, the quick tabs, and the favorite "people" tabs HTC has been releasing with new products and cooks have been creating ROMS with.

But, HTC is making "contacts" and "messaging" so complicated with so many more additional steps to do simple things.
I would love to know why they are going backwards and hope they can correct some of these things.

Case in point:"Notes" in "Contacts".
You used to be able to QUICKLY access them to read to add information.
Now, the notes done't even come up any more. HTC forces you to go to "edit". Then "edit contacts". Then you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Then you have to hit "more". THen you have to select "notes".

What a pain in the ass! Especially if you are in a meeting and need to access or add info in real time.

The original WM5 contacts were easier to navigate than this.
This is NOT progress.

Yeah, it does take too many steps to view the note in HTC "Contacts". However you can quickly access the same note using following steps:

1. Tap the "Start" on the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
2. Tap on the icon of "Outlook Contacts". It'll bring up Contact list.
3. Locate the name of the contact and tap on it. It'll bring up the "Contacts" screen.
4. On the lower left-hand corner, it should have a tab for "Note" Just tap on it.

You may want to create a quick link of "Outlook Contacts" on your home tab for quicker access to the contact's note.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: "Notes" in contacts: Can't quickly access anymore. HTC complicates w/too many ste

maybe give LG a try. they make winmo phones as well and maybe have a better ui for you.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

What ROM are you using now?

I am using Mighty's FF, if you go to the contact, hit menu than See more Info it has a note's button on the top left. is pretty quick to get to that. Hope that might help.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weims09 View Post
Yeah, it does take too many steps to view the note in HTC "Contacts". However you can quickly access the same note using following steps:

1. Tap the "Start" on the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
2. Tap on the icon of "Outlook Contacts". It'll bring up Contact list.
3. Locate the name of the contact and tap on it. It'll bring up the "Contacts" screen.
4. On the lower left-hand corner, it should have a tab for "Note" Just tap on it.

You may want to create a quick link of "Outlook Contacts" on your home tab for quicker access to the contact's note.
Thanks for posting
Yup. I found that to be the fastest way to get there as well.

I just find it stupid when you're in the "HTC Version of Contacts" you have to go through a whole process to get to notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post

I am using Mighty's FF, if you go to the contact, hit menu than See more Info it has a note's button on the top left. is pretty quick to get to that. Hope that might help.
I'm using a 6.5/2.5 ROM from Zone23.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...96#post1694996

It's the only ROM I know of that has the new and improved version of HTC Sense.
The newest version of Sense is MUCH BETTER.

Hopefully, Mighty will release a ROM with the new version of Sense so I can compare them.

Last edited by tt C6; 05-02-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post

I'm using a 6.5/2.5 ROM from Zone23.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...96#post1694996

It's the only ROM I know of that has the new and improved version of HTC Sense.
The newest version of Sense is MUCH BETTER.

Hopefully, Mighty will release a ROM with the new version of Sense so I can compare them.
Can you not see the same options as I described?
Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post

Yup. Thank you for posting.

It seems that doing that puts you into the "non-HTC" version of the contact.
I get to that version by just using "contacts" as a quick tab.
But, you're tip will be useful for when I get stuck in the HTC version of a contact when I'm using "favorites".
Thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2