PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Am I wrong?
Yes 47 97.92%
No 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

protaganis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: remove spyware on htc touch pro 2

Being a supervisor, I had the opportunity to speak to an employee who took time and effort (my time, as I was paying him) to find a work around on his workstation PC, so he could surf the web and use an IM client. I'll tell you the same thing.
You can choose to do what it is you're doing, but that choice runs counter to the employment contract you signed when you started here. You'll need to decide what's more important.

If you are having significant problems with your manager, speak to HR, if that doesn't help, seek out different opportunities elsewhere. But whatever you do, don't be so eager to screw over your manager, that you screw over yourself worse.

Last edited by protaganis; 04-29-2010 at 03:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by protaganis View Post
Being a supervisor, I had the opportunity to speak to an employee who took time and effort (my time, as I was paying him) to find a work around on his workstation PC, so he could surf the web and use an IM client. I'll tell you the same thing.
You can choose to do what it is you're doing, but that choice runs counter to the employment contract you signed when you started here. You'll need to decide what's more important.

If you are having significant problems with your manager, speak to HR, if that doesn't help, seek out different opportunities elsewhere. But whatever you do, don't be so eager to screw over your manager, that you screw over yourself worse.
Nicely stated.

late,
Coz
Old 04-29-2010, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the only thing i can think of that would be spyware like would be chaperon. but again, its the companies phone, they have every right to know where you are if your on there time.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

spybot search and destroy was working on a ppc version.

most companies prefer to do their 'spying' throught he network... meaning proxy/dns servers. phones they usually just use the carriers location feature.
I doubt many IT professionals would do much more than that to 'invade' privacy
Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

If you feel your boss is really mistreating you in some way that other co-workers are having a similar issue, then you should just take it up with HR. Trying to beat the boss at his/her own game isn't a very professional way of taking care of a problem. Because in the end, you'll be the one who ends up losing.... and getting fired. Saying "I'll kick your ass!" is not the way to go. Now if you're doing something personal on company time that you should NOT be, well then that's your problem. If it is some kind of GPS monitoring software, the company has every right. Matter of fact, many businesses have such software. After all, they are paying you on THEIR time to do something for them. Mucking around doing personal stuff on THEIR time is NOT being productive. They would lose $$$$ if people did that all the time. Which is why such software exists. If you tamper with it or try to disable the GPS, it's only your ass that will get grilled. It is THEIR phone after all.

Now I wait to hear the full story from the OP. ...............
Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Have to agree with everyone else. If it's a company phone, they can put whatever they want on it. Don't like it, someone else will gladly take your job. I oldn't recommend threatening your boss with ass kicking either.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OP, I'm almost willing to bet money that when you were given a company phone, you were made to sign a statement to the effect of "I understand that my usage of company provided items will be monitored, and that misuse of said items, including but not limited to excessive personal use, is grounds for termination."

If you value your job (and the ability to get other jobs in the future), I would drop this. Use the company phone for business purposes only, and your personal phone for anything else. I would even go one step farther for my own protection, and leave my personal phone in my vehicle during the workday. I wouldn't even bring it into the workplace.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

riot20 is a n00b

I am not a big fan of being wrong
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

where can i get a job that will give me a 600.00 cell phone for free???

Old 05-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
where can i get a job that will give me a 600.00 cell phone for free???
Im interested as well

Don't click me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2