PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Whatcha think guys?
That sucks IMO.
I keep hoping to hear that there may be an HD2 or similar WinMo device available from Sprint but it doesn't look good.
I'll keep hoping!!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: TP2 the last Sprint WinMo 6.x device!?

Hm, I think it looks that way.

I just got my Touch Pro 2 two weeks ago, so I'm late to the party...but even though the phone is on the verge of being outdated (if it's not already) it is absolutely perfect for me. I had the XV6700 and the Mogul before this, and the TP2 is the upgrade that I hoped for. Thanks to xda-developers and this site I've got a device that does everything I want.

I'll be curious to see what the user community does with WM7, but if MS somehow puts a stop to all our fun, than I'm glad that I was able to get in on the last great WM6.5 phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

elnene20 is becoming a great contributor

Well thats what im kinda saying here.....http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119307
Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If the TP2 is the last of WM 6.X I am sure I am going to have it for along time, I managed to use my Treo 700wx for almost 4 years, I am guessing I can hold out a few more years with the TP2. I have played around with Android and not overly impressed. and Windows Phone 7 is not looking appealing at all for the moment. just my 2 cents.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

kr1m3boss is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kr1m3boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
If the TP2 is the last of WM 6.X I am sure I am going to have it for along time, I managed to use my Treo 700wx for almost 4 years, I am guessing I can hold out a few more years with the TP2. I have played around with Android and not overly impressed. and Windows Phone 7 is not looking appealing at all for the moment. just my 2 cents.
This is what im saying too, cuz Android its not really there for me.
Hardware: 0002
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes, WM is frustrating to most @ 1 point or another, but that's the only OS I know smartphone wise since smartphones were invented.
& to not being able to get 'fixes' & customizations fast & free in most cases would drive me crazy.

The common refrain I have heard from Android users is that any customizations or improvements are done by installing apps which are mostly free & easier than cabs or tweaks.
Do you have to go look for those in some dedicated forum like us WM fans do now?
Or is it all in the apps market?

For some of you who have used both Android & WM, can you share what your dislikes of Android are?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Whatcha think guys?
That sucks IMO.
I keep hoping to hear that there may be an HD2 or similar WinMo device available from Sprint but it doesn't look good.
I'll keep hoping!!
The only HD2 similar on Sprint is the EVO. Thats thier flagship device for 2010 of course and their answer to the HD2 for 2010. They choose Android over WinMO simple as that, and from the business prospective I cant say I blame them. I highly doubt that we will see another WinMo 6.x device on sprint ever again. If they do release one it will be a low-end device for a particular market (non power users), still doubt this too.

This is why bought my first GSM phone ever, the HD2 on Tmobile, I figured it is the only WinMo device that will get me to atlease fall of 2011, by then between the community (xda-dev, ppcgeeks, etc) and Windows phone team, im sure we'll have more of the functionality on WP7 we have grown accustom too on WM.

It just makes no sence for sprint to drop another Windows mobile device. There are no rumors of another high-end Win Mo device from HTC (which sprint has a good relationship with) Palm is basically dead, and there are no other device makers which make high-end Windows mobile devices for sprint. And even if a new device maker was in the works for making one there are no rumors. It would have to be something awesome to even stir up any consideration now when WinMo is dieing.

So friends if your like me and love WM, but are realistic enough to realize the business side of this very complicated and interesting market you will have to make a decision. Especialy if your on sprint, or VZW. (I only say this as you can also have an HD2 on At&t, and if any carrier needs to shock the market its them) So back to the decision, its either Android EVO or you go to Tmobile and get yourself ready for whats going to be a probable year long depression to our community, lol at least stateside.

Im not a WM7 hater I actually like what I see, I understand its gonna be some time before some high end devices are available, with common functionality for people like us.

I wont go to another OS other than possibly, maybe Android. With that said my opinion still stands its Either HD2, try Android Evo, or stick with your TP2 and get ready for the journey. Good luck
Old 04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Whatcha think guys?
That sucks IMO.
I'll keep hoping!!
Uhh, you sound surprised?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
The only HD2 similar on Sprint is the EVO. Thats thier flagship device for 2010 of course and their answer to the HD2 for 2010. They choose Android over WinMO simple as that, and from the business prospective I cant say I blame them. I highly doubt that we will see another WinMo 6.x device on sprint ever again. If they do release one it will be a low-end device for a particular market (non power users), still doubt this too.

This is why bought my first GSM phone ever, the HD2 on Tmobile, I figured it is the only WinMo device that will get me to atlease fall of 2011, by then between the community (xda-dev, ppcgeeks, etc) and Windows phone team, im sure we'll have more of the functionality on WP7 we have grown accustom too on WM.

It just makes no sence for sprint to drop another Windows mobile device. There are no rumors of another high-end Win Mo device from HTC (which sprint has a good relationship with) Palm is basically dead, and there are no other device makers which make high-end Windows mobile devices for sprint. And even if a new device maker was in the works for making one there are no rumors. It would have to be something awesome to even stir up any consideration now when WinMo is dieing.

So friends if your like me and love WM, but are realistic enough to realize the business side of this very complicated and interesting market you will have to make a decision. Especialy if your on sprint, or VZW. (I only say this as you can also have an HD2 on At&t, and if any carrier needs to shock the market its them) So back to the decision, its either Android EVO or you go to Tmobile and get yourself ready for whats going to be a probable year long depression to our community, lol at least stateside.

Im not a WM7 hater I actually like what I see, I understand its gonna be some time before some high end devices are available, with common functionality for people like us.

I wont go to another OS other than possibly, maybe Android. With that said my opinion still stands its Either HD2, try Android Evo, or stick with your TP2 and get ready for the journey. Good luck
I think I rather slit my own wrists with a dual spoon than go to T-mobile. just the thought of it sends shivers down my spine. the real thing is we have no idea whats going to happen. there could be something in the works that none of us know about or we might just get lucky and Windows Phone 7 might be worth it. who know what the future really holds.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Thanks for the comments guys.
I guess I was and still am wondering what a device like the hd2 would be like on sprint's network instead of t-mobile. Bummer!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2