PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WinMo Being Phased Out

Has MS really come out & say they will phase out WM?
From the WP7 announcement pressers, it appears they were going to support both OS for different demographics.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

in all honesty win mo 6.5 will be phased out by december for sure.. thats a given since windows phone will be available.. to bad no sense on top of it or micro sd cards.. or cut and paste.. (on launch anyway)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I totally agree, but a co-worker of mine sold his TP2 & bought an HD2 & he absolutely hates the OS KB.

I heard him say the other day "I never should has bought this POS, I miss my TP2 KB in the worst way"

~John
Yea and that is what I am worried about. I would rather have a little extra bulk and have a good keyboard than some on screen garbage. I don't see them making an evo with a hardware keyboard. Even typing on my ipod it takes way longer and I make more mistakes. I'm sure I would get use to it over time if that is all I had but still.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Yea and that is what I am worried about. I would rather have a little extra bulk and have a good keyboard than some on screen garbage. I don't see them making an evo with a hardware keyboard. Even typing on my ipod it takes way longer and I make more mistakes. I'm sure I would get use to it over time if that is all I had but still.
thats what I worry about with the evo but I have a bad feeling on screen keyboards will be the big thing saves on wieght but I do agree I rather have the bulk my luck Id loose a phone like the evo lol
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
in all honesty win mo 6.5 will be phased out by december for sure.. thats a given since windows phone will be available.. to bad no sense on top of it or micro sd cards.. or cut and paste.. (on launch anyway)
If thats the case, then why are new 6.5.x builds being "leaked" out that end up being cooked into (much better than stock) ROM's. Obviously MS is still putting some development into the core OS to string it a long for a bit more.

just my .02

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
thats what I worry about with the evo but I have a bad feeling on screen keyboards will be the big thing saves on wieght but I do agree I rather have the bulk my luck Id loose a phone like the evo lol
I'm not too fond of the onscreen keyboards which is one of the reasons I didn't go with a hero. I have an Ipod touch too and my thumbs are just too darn big to text on it.

The difference between the KB on my HTCTouch and my new TouchPro2 is great. Much better keys. I still have problems with the onscreen kb with it too....I'm all thumbs.

David
Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectronus View Post
Awesome Quote! you should sig it!

done!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
If thats the case, then why are new 6.5.x builds being "leaked" out that end up being cooked into (much better than stock) ROM's. Obviously MS is still putting some development into the core OS to string it a long for a bit more.

just my .02

David
who knows same reason they continued to develop dos when windows 95 came out I guess just something to do maybe?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and HTC Arrive

boeman is becoming a great contributor

the win9x kernel was run from DOS... it wasn't until XP that DOS was no longer necessary for the Windows OS for the average consumer computer
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeman View Post
the win9x kernel was run from DOS... it wasn't until XP that DOS was no longer necessary for the Windows OS for the average consumer computer
yup and even though it wasnt the future it still was being developed see what I mean?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2