PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant send pic messages on Sprint htc tp2

Need help I can receive mms picture messages but i cant send them. It allows me to do the whole sending thing like start pic messaging at the recipient add the pic add text to the message but the recipient never receives it. Im running Sprint htc tp2 with mighty rom windows mobile 6.5 update.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:07 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Cant send pic messages on Sprint htc tp2

is it properly provisioned for sprint on mighty rom? have you asked this in the mightyrom thread?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:11 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

how do i check to make sure it is. Oh by the way i have this tp2 on boost mobile just stating if it makes any difference
Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

lol. that really does make a huge difference. who flashed it for you? was it at a boost store? id really try posting this in the mighty rom thread under tp2 upgrades. mention your on boost.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

diviousone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i had the same issue with mms on tp2 with boost.. Fixed it with a simple cab file look for arcsoft_mms_5_2_6_45u.cab that will enable u to edit the address for the mms to the boost one which is http://mm.myboostmobile.com in the options in text messaging. and you should be able to receive and send mms. As for the flashing question, you dont need to get it flashed there is a work around for it thru the sprint.com website. If you need more details dont hesitate to ask.. kinda flew thru it since im at work..

Last edited by diviousone; 05-05-2010 at 06:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

here's a .cab file that fixes MMS on boost without the arcsoft stuff.

this is not my work. I am a moderator on a really large cell phone related forum and a member there .cabbed this up for me. It is his work, I'm just sharing.
Attached Files
File Type: cab BoostMMSFix.cab (28.6 KB, 139 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

daddymikey1975 do i just install the cab and it should work or do i have to install it then do a soft reset?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:23 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

daddymikey1975 i installed the cab and when i try to send a mms i attach the pix to the message and when i hit send it tells me "Cannot recognize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the message anyway?" i hit yes and then gives me a error message saying " outlook Email, Imap4, and POP3 email accounts cannot be used to send text messages" what i do wrong
Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
daddymikey1975 i installed the cab and when i try to send a mms i attach the pix to the message and when i hit send it tells me "Cannot recognize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the message anyway?" i hit yes and then gives me a error message saying " outlook Email, Imap4, and POP3 email accounts cannot be used to send text messages" what i do wrong
sounds like you tried to send a text to an email addy...
Old 05-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

diviousone is a n00b

Well i havent tried the cab file that daddymike used.. But the Arcsoft one works fine.. Download and install cab on your phone. Go to Messages>All messages>Menu. Scroll down to bottom click MMS options go to CDMA servers Tab>Create new.

On server name put what you would like
gateway blank
port 80
Server address http://mm.myboostmobile.com
connect via sprint
and sending limit put what you would like.
Press done
Save your new server as default and thats it.

I havent had any issues with sending or receiving.

Hope this helps..
Attached Files
File Type: cab Arcsoft_MMS_5_2_6_45U.cab (4.33 MB, 166 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
mms, pic messaging tp2