PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 Battery Cover Issues

Has anyone had any issues with the battery cover on their Sprint TP2? The little pins that hold it shut are breaking off. I am down to just 2. This is just from having to remove memory card,resetting device and removing battery. Soon the cover won't stay on. Will sprint cover this under wear and tear?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 Battery Cover Issues

I wouldn't wait to see...take it into a Sprint Repair Center and tell them what is going on. How the phone doesn't have a exteral reset button like the Touch Pro 1 did...and that over time the pins are breaking off. This is will save you heart ache down the road. If you call Sprint they have a website (dealday or daydeal.com) that has the OEM TP2 battery cover you can buy for $15 or less...is worst comes to worst. Search the forum for a softreset cab..it installs and gives you a icon to press so you can do a soft reset without having to take the battery door off...and leave your memory card in your phone and purchase a HTC usb sync cable, if you don't already have one...that will also save your battery door from breaking..... Hopefully that helped you out a little.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That's some great advise from Chris.
I haven't had to replace my battery cover on my TP2. However... When I had the TP I did twice... All I did was go to a large Sprint store in my area (one with a repair center) and the rep just gave me a replacement from the back room.
Don't know if they have them for the TP2 or anything but it might be worfh a try.
p.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:29 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

yea, repair stores are the best...if not, then get one online, if u really wanna go high class, check here: http://cnn.cn/shop/touch-pro2-rhodium-c-277_881.html..if not ebay works, but first check the forums here..somebody usually has something to offer..

Help Me Help You
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Thanks for all your help. The sad thing is that I currently run the energy rom and that has a reset icon. I still find myself taking cover off to take off battery. I feel sometimes taking battery out is better than just reset. But I guess I'll start using the reset icon more. But I think I will go ahead and take it in to the repair center. I wonder if I will have to reset the rom to stock before taking it in. Has anyone tried taking it in for repair with a custom rom?
I don't think this should matter since it is wear and tear and not software related. I will probably do it anyway. Thanks again. I will check out those sites and might purchase one instead of using my repair center.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:49 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS flash to a stock rom before u take it in for ANY service. ive been refused service cuz i was running a custom rom. technically they void the warranty if u have it serviced with a custom rom..
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2