PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Redfly Working?

I had my c8 Redfly working fine previously with my Samsung i760. The Redfly really added a lot of capability to the Sammy. I now have the touch pro2 but Redfly (celiocorp.com) says their TP2 drivers don't work with the c8. Any chance anyone has figured out how to do this? I dont want to buy a new Redfly just to get it to work with the TP2.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga
Carrier: VZW

treonated is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to treonated
Re: Redfly Working?

There's a workaround. Celio posted a special build after some C8 owners complained.

First you need to download a .cab through your PC, transfer it to your phone, then run the cab. It will update your C8 firmware to recognize the latest phone drivers for the TP2.
Instructions are here
http://www.celiocorp.com/008

The direct link to the cab you need for a i760 (touchscreen driver) is towards the bottom of that instructions page but I've pasted it below too..
http://www.celiocorp.com/eula/?file=WMEP_C8_286.CAB

Second, after you've followed instructions on that page and updated your C8's firmware, you'll want to make sure you have the latest phone driver installed on your TP2. From your phone's browser go to m.celiocorp.com/install to get that. If asked what Red fly you have pick either the C8N or C7 - it doesn't matter since you'll only get the driver on your phone and it won't even try to update the firmware on your C8.

Your phone's driver version and the C8's firmware version will no longer match (since this workaround is the final C8 firmware), but it's no big deal. All of the latest features and compatibility etc. are contained in the phone driver anyway - that's by far more important than the firmware code. And as Celio releases updated phone drivers in the for your TP2 you should be able to continue to install the latest on your phone by going to m.celiocorp.com/install (it just won't update your C8 firmware anymore - but it will work).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Redfly Working?

Just for kicks I tried installing the latest software on my TP2 (stock 6.5 Sprint) - version 01051347, and it connects but fails to transfer the display to the RF. Not sure if it's something I have installed (maybe the keyboard config, or something similar) or if that particular version just doesn't work with this combination of TP2 and C8.

Edit: 01051330 works fine, so something appears broken with the latest version on the TP2.

Last edited by haus; 04-19-2010 at 05:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2