PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1
Carrier: Sprint

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Sercet Rom no one knew about & it the FASTEST!!!

OK, maybe it's not top secret, but remember when Silence left because he got an Iphone, so he stop making custom roms for us! Well I found an UPDATE for his Silence Rom, it's version 12.1 made by tommyr using his Silence 12 kitchen!!! I don't believe this version ever got popular!!!! And let me tell you, it's even faster!!!!!! I can't believe it it!! The original Silence 12 Rom started up after a fresh boot had around 107mb of free ram, the updated Silence 12.1 rom has 114mb+ of free ram!! WoW! So if your a fan of WM6.5 w2.1 sense(I know not many) than this is your rom!!! Please give THANKS too tommyr for this update! And me to if you want Try it, I swear, believe me, it's the fastest rom out!!

Edited:
Ok well after using this ROM(12.1) for the last 5 days, I switch back to Silence Original Rom 12. I concluded that the original Rom is faster. 12.1 started out faster, but seem to slowdown a lot after a few days. 12 stayed fast throughout the months of using it. Tried and true. Good effort on tommyr.

here the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=938

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-20-2010 at 04:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Sercet Rom no one knew about & it the FASTEST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
OK, maybe it's not top secret, but remember when Silence left because he got an Iphone, so he stop making custom roms for us! Well I found an UPDATE for his Silence Rom, it's version 12.1 made by tommyr using his Silence 12 kitchen!!! I don't believe this version ever got popular!!!! And let me tell you, it's even faster!!!!!! I can't believe it it!! The original Silence 12 Rom started up after a fresh boot had around 107mb of free ram, the updated Silence 12.1 rom has 114mb+ of free ram!! WoW! So if your a fan of WM6.5 w2.1 sense(I know not many) than this is your rom!!! Please give THANKS to tommyr for this update! And me to if you want Try it, I swear, believe me, it's the fast rom out!!

its not a secret just not many 2.1 fans left.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

mediumhill is the fastest 6.5.x rom with m2.5 imo. anybody that was an impact fan should check it out.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Even though I haven't been able to try any ROMs yet, I believe after hearing many reports that SSK is the fastest available. Try the 6.5.3 version.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
OK, maybe it's not top secret, but remember when Silence left because he got an Iphone, so he stop making custom roms for us! Well I found an UPDATE for his Silence Rom, it's version 12.1 made by tommyr using his Silence 12 kitchen!!! I don't believe this version ever got popular!!!! And let me tell you, it's even faster!!!!!! I can't believe it it!! The original Silence 12 Rom started up after a fresh boot had around 107mb of free ram, the updated Silence 12.1 rom has 114mb+ of free ram!! WoW! So if your a fan of WM6.5 w2.1 sense(I know not many) than this is your rom!!! Please give THANKS too tommyr for this update! And me to if you want Try it, I swear, believe me, it's the fast rom out!!

I dont think so...its a pretty dated build. Here is one of my old posts:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=10
Old 04-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Numbers don't mean everything. When comparing sense 2.1 vs 2.5, a lot of the 2.5 roms show faster numbers wise, but when it comes down to it, 2.5 just has too much lag, 2.1 doesn't. Sense 2.5 just is not made for our TP2's. It's made for stronger phones. Like say Evo and the HD2. Not saying that all these custom roms with 2.5 are junk and the cooks aren't any good. Just that, you can only do so much with the hardware you're give. Newer is not always better. Try if before you knock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I dont think so...its a pretty dated build. Here is one of my old posts:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=10

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-17-2010 at 06:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:06 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Numbers don't mean everything. When comparing sense 2.1 vs 2.5, a lot of the 2.5 roms show faster numbers wise, but when it comes down to it, 2.5 just has too much lag, 2.1 doesn't. Sense 2.5 just is not made for our TP2's. It's made for stronger phones. Like say Evo and the HD2. Not saying that all these custom roms with 2.5 are junk and the cooks aren't any good. Just that, you can only do so much with the hardware you're give. Newer is not always better. Try if before you knock it.
So why did Sprint release a stock 6.5 ROM? It is made for us.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Your right they released it for us, but it's sh*tly as hell!!! They tried, but it sucked, I know everyone on here agrees with that. 2.5 is not suppose to be on the TP2. Unless you don't mind how slow/laggy it is. I guess some people are pickier than others and we all have different taste. But anything slow is not for me, I don't care how nice something is but if it's slow I don't want it. Would you want a Great/Fast looking car that's not fast? I know I don't 2.5 looks a little better, but 2.1 is just faster period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
So why did Sprint release a stock 6.5 ROM? It is made for us.

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-17-2010 at 07:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Your right they released it for us, but it's sh*tly as hell!!! They tried, but it sucked, I know everyone on here agrees with that. 2.5 is not suppose to be on the TP2. Unless you don't mind how slow/laggy it is. I guess some people are pickier than others and we all have different taste. But anything slow is not for me, I don't care how nice something is but if it's slow I don't want it. Would you want a Great/Fast looking car that's not fast? I know I don't 2.5 looks a little better, but 2.1 is just faster period
imho the 2.5 "lag" that is mentioned all the time is grossly overexaggerated. especially with the 1225 and 1324 builds of manila 2.5 that were designed for tp2's. sure 2.1 runs slightly quicker in some regards but you lose so much functionlity. twitter, cookies home tab, ability to have outlook tasks on home tab, home tab quicklinks, finger friendly settings, a lot of the ugly winmo interface is replaced with the much nicer sense interface...i could go on but i wont.

i was a firm 2.1 fan, wouldnt touch 2.5 when the custom roms 1st started flowing out, but after trying the 2.5 builds that were designed for our phones i highly doubt i could go back. just me .02.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I don't think the lag is exaggerated at all. Just some people have higher standards when it comes to speed. Yeah some people consider a mustang to be fast, I, on the other hand don't. A consider a Bugatii to be fast That's just my standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
imho the 2.5 "lag" that is mentioned all the time is grossly overexaggerated. especially with the 1225 and 1324 builds of manila 2.5 that were designed for tp2's. sure 2.1 runs slightly quicker in some regards but you lose so much functionlity. twitter, cookies home tab, ability to have outlook tasks on home tab, home tab quicklinks, finger friendly settings, a lot of the ugly winmo interface is replaced with the much nicer sense interface...i could go on but i wont.

i was a firm 2.1 fan, wouldnt touch 2.5 when the custom roms 1st started flowing out, but after trying the 2.5 builds that were designed for our phones i highly doubt i could go back. just me .02.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2