PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No GPS...

I have lost all GPS functionality on my TP2...the only positioning I can get is based on the cell tower I'm connected to. I noticed it just a week or so ago and thought it was a conflict between my phone and the latest NRG Rom...however, through hard resets and flashes back to Sprint 6.1 and Sprint 6.5 (neither of which managed to acquire GPS) I'm still GPSless.

I'm currently running the HTC GPS Tool on multiple Baudrates and will move on to different COM ports but does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have no insurance so that's not an option.

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: No GPS...

are you sure location is set to on and not 911
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I have lost all GPS functionality on my TP2...the only positioning I can get is based on the cell tower I'm connected to. I noticed it just a week or so ago and thought it was a conflict between my phone and the latest NRG Rom...however, through hard resets and flashes back to Sprint 6.1 and Sprint 6.5 (neither of which managed to acquire GPS) I'm still GPSless.

I'm currently running the HTC GPS Tool on multiple Baudrates and will move on to different COM ports but does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have no insurance so that's not an option.

Any help would be appreciated...
first tp2 i had did same thing, sprint replaced it with no insurance plus 30+ days old. repair center will test it.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do what darren said. but remember to relock the phone before taking in for them to look at. most likely they wouldnt notice. but all it takes is one jerk of a tech. Then you would be screwed.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 04-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium500 View Post
are you sure location is set to on and not 911
Yes, I've dug through ALL of the "location" menus or location related sections of the phone and have come up at a loss...
Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

teamsaracino is keeping up the good workteamsaracino is keeping up the good work

Im running into the same problem, I took my phone into the repair center and they said it was a broken internal Gps antenna, the error message I was getting was "

GPS signal is weak, please go outside or to an open area and remain still while the gps is connecting"

Sprint replaced my phone, and I am still having the same problems, Google wont work, nor will Bing or Sprint Navigator. Sprint is supppose to get back to me.. guess I'll keep holding my breath.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would call or go to a store. show them how it came.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op or other guy, install this cab to mainmem and softreset and try. this is sprint only.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPS Registry - Sprint.cab (1.8 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I will give that cab a try in a bit...
Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
op or other guy, install this cab to mainmem and softreset and try. this is sprint only.
Thanks for trying but I still have nothing. At this point I'm assuming my GPS is just effed. Oh well..finally a legitimate reason for me to give the Hero a try until my EVO comes out...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2