PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sliding out the Keyboard does Nothing.

This one seems simple. When I slide my keyboard, my screen doesn't turn on. I assume it should. I've looked up solutions, and I'm only seeing people attempting to disable it. I'm a bit baffled.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Sliding out the Keyboard does Nothing.

3 new problems have surfaced.

-The lower left screen "button" which usually is lock, send, etc, doesn't work too well. It needs a very precise press and is finicky, is this common?

-My phone randomly freezes. Like...does nothing. If I take the stylus out, the buttons on the bottom light up but the screen stays off. If I press the power button the keys go out but the screen doesn't come back, and it can't turn the buttons back on, only the stylus.

-My today screen randomly doesn't exist...only the taskbar and the bottom bar. To get it back, I pretty much need to open a new window and come back.

Is this phone just terrible? Maybe the rom? I'm not used to something sucking this much so soon. Thanks.

Last edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot; 04-15-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

#1 Just sounds like you need to calibrate your touch screen. I think you can go Start > Settings > System > Screen > Align Screen.

#2 Is something refered to as the Screen of Death (SoD), it is a problem inherent in WinMo, not specifically w/ the TP2. A better ROM with proper set up will stop this from happening. This could also be why sliding your keyboard doesn't unlock the phone.

#3 Not sure if you've looked into custom ROMs yet, but it may be the solution to the majority of your problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Hmm. I've avoided using custom roms since the Mogul days...do they really make that much of a difference? If that's the only way I can stop this I'll look into it more. I honestly really like this phone, it just has too many problems. Thanks, by the way.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

see what your setting are for the following:

Enable Wake-Up on Keyboard Open with TP2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD, then change the 'SlideWakeup' value to 1 (or, if the key doesn't exist, create it). Then soft reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Hmm. I've avoided using custom roms since the Mogul days...do they really make that much of a difference? If that's the only way I can stop this I'll look into it more. I honestly really like this phone, it just has too many problems. Thanks, by the way.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
If you are using Sprint 6.5/2.5, all i've heard about is problems, not too many positives. I would suggest downgrading to the sprint 6.1 TF3D 2.0 if you want stability, speed and a stock ROM. Not too much eye candy though :-\

At the very least I usually install both the SSK dynamic res proxy and NoPushInternet on all stock ROMs to improve performance, and there are a ton of other tweaks out there to help w/ performance and aesthetics.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Clueless25, thanks that did the trick.

Burtonsnow8, I may just have to look into a custom rom. Is there a thread that talks about who uses which one, why, etc? I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to start.

Lastly, would I have to unlock my phone first to throw a custom rom on there? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Custom roms are Great!! once you play around with some & leanr a few short cuts & tricks to fix silly stuff you'll get the courage to cook your own. Ive only had a pda since oct.. I now cook my own roms but still play with Energyz romz..

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
If you are using Sprint 6.5/2.5, all i've heard about is problems, not too many positives. I would suggest downgrading to the sprint 6.1 TF3D 2.0 if you want stability, speed and a stock ROM. Not too much eye candy though :-\

At the very least I usually install both the SSK dynamic res proxy and NoPushInternet on all stock ROMs to improve performance, and there are a ton of other tweaks out there to help w/ performance and aesthetics.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Switching to Android

Yes go to the 1st page and READ thouroughly how to unlock your phone. MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CDMA UNLOCKER!!! If you use GSM Unlocker or roms.. You have a 200.00 paper weight... So read carefully & dont be afraid to ask questions

EDIT: LINK TO LEARN ABOUT UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Quote:
Clueless25, thanks that did the trick.

Burtonsnow8, I may just have to look into a custom rom. Is there a thread that talks about who uses which one, why, etc? I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to start.

Lastly, would I have to unlock my phone first to throw a custom rom on there? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Alright, sounds good. I might be looking into this tonight...thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2