PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need help something fierce...

I just had to get my TP replaced and they gave me a TP2. I used SBM (I think, I forget the acronym) and backed up texts, contacts and what not. I loaded this up on the TP2, and once it reset it set anywhere from 1-45 old texts to people I had texted to, including my ex girlfriend with whom I just broke up. Now the phone freezes constantly, and I have no idea what to do. I guess I lost my texts, that's fine...any ideas?
Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I need help something fierce...

Wipe the device and then resync without the txts. I used to be a txt hoarder and now i just dont care anymore. The device runs way better without them.

I know you didnt ask but MS Myphone is pretty awesome.....it helped me find my lost phone quite a few times!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work

I think you mean SPB. PIM backup works great too. The deal probably was they where all drafts so once you restored them they all got sent out. The phone bogs badly because manilla tries to load them every time you switch screens. 600 to 1000 texts out there makes the phone suck. Just go under options in the text screen and clear sms/mms. Should fix your problem.

Oh, your avatar is creepy. lol
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank you...haha that's the point. Ok, so new questions:

Why do I have two different text screens? One's like the TP, this new one is big and blocky.
Second, only in the older style text screen, I have a freakin' signature I have to delete before typing. What the hell?

I hate this phone right now...
Old 04-14-2010, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work

There is a preview and the actual menu. Do you have them threaded or classic view? Prob want the cab to enable mms too...

For the signature. Go to the preview then all messages. Menu tools options. Highlight sms/mms then hit signatures. You will be able to delete it from there. Another thing restored by SPB.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

One txt screen is when you press "all messages", it the windows default, the other one is the one built into 2.1 and is when you just press on the message when one the msg tab. Just extra eye candy....I hate this phone too, i like the TP so much better
Old 04-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks...got the signature. I'm going to bed...I'm so damn confused.

I have it set to threaded. MMS? Jeeze, I'm behind the time...what the hell is that?

Thanks by the way, I'm sorry I'm old and crotchety.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Master Kimosabi

Multimedia messaging service. Pics and short videos. Youhave a powerful phone my friend.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Bwah, I need to find that. I assume the cab's on here somewhere?

Lastly, I hope...I ran the tweaker things pinned at the top, and the battery icon still isn't showing 1% steps. I'm not sure what I need to fix that....

Last edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot; 04-14-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Bwah, I need to find that. I assume the cab's on here somewhere?

Lastly, I hope...I ran the tweaker things pinned at the top, and the battery icon still isn't showing 1% steps. I'm not sure what I need to fix that....
My advice is for you to read before you ask questions. Read all the sticky's in this section.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2