PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jcolavolpe1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 Update issues

Hey all - I am kinda new here and am having some issues trying to get my Sprint Touch Pro 2 to update to Windows 6.5. I used the download on the HTC support page but am unable to get it to work. It keeps telling me that it cant connect to my phone. I tried soft resetting and hard resetting my phone and it still doesnt work. Ive even tried a rom i got off of here and i had the same result last week. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro foO!

jevsays is a n00b
Re: 6.5 Update issues

Sorry to hear about your problems. Figured I'd reply since you have 40+ views with no responses. If a hard reset doesn't help the cause I couldn't exactly tell you what to do. Take it to Sprint and see what you can do.. Act like a ruh-tard and say it just crapped out. Just my two cents. Ciao.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

Does the device show connected in WMDC or activesync before trying to run the update ?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:20 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolavolpe1 View Post
Hey all - I am kinda new here and am having some issues trying to get my Sprint Touch Pro 2 to update to Windows 6.5. I used the download on the HTC support page but am unable to get it to work. It keeps telling me that it cant connect to my phone. I tried soft resetting and hard resetting my phone and it still doesnt work. Ive even tried a rom i got off of here and i had the same result last week. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
firstly, are you running windows xp or vista? do you have the sync software installed on your pc? for xp you need microsoft activesync. for vista or 7, you need windows mobile device center.
do you have one of those installed? if not do so, if so then there is another problem. another easy way to flash is to do it via sd card. if all else fails, you can try it that way, and im sure i or someone will walk you through it. there is no need to take it back to sprint or whoever at this point.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Windows 7 works perfectly for my TP2, not so much for the TP. If the driver doesnt properly install, then it will not reconnect in bootloader (multicolored screen). Uninstall the driver then reinstall it but let it sit for a few minutes. I had to do the same because I was antsy! Good Luck

Last edited by aman1127; 04-12-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: $print

TheEvilZX2 is a n00b

ive got the same problem going on. wmdc recognizes and syncs. running win7 had no problems with my mogul.......

when i run the ruu it goes to install and says cant connect with phone and leaves the phone in bootloader (IIRC? its been a while) mode (RGB screen) had to soft reset.....kinda disappointed....but not so much as this is my new phone coming from the mogul. but i think i need some help with this too lol
Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

no one had issues with the unlocker? error messages or any thing?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I had this issue just not a few days ago....go and download the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Center from Microsofts website, install it then plug your phone into the computer...thats what I did and everything started working....I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit btw.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: $print

TheEvilZX2 is a n00b

i didnt unlock mine....should i have first? anyhow, yes there was an error 230 or 260 i cant remember, but i tried again and installed the drivers through windows update while the phone was in bootloader mode and soft reset and tried again. now its preparing 6.5 for first use as i type this. i didnt have to update WMDC and im running W7 ultimate x64

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2