PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question transfer SMS form TP to TP2

Hello everybody,
i am finally getting rid of the crappy TP and upgrading to TP2

I have transfered all my contacts with Jeyo mobile companion to TP2, but when it comes to transferring my SMS, Jeyo either crashes or when it completes the job, only a portion is transfered.

I even tried PPCPimBackup with backup and restore between the two phones and still the SMS get messed up where everything else transfers fine (i.e. calls, contacts etc.)

Any suggerstions?

thank you in advance
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: transfer SMS form TP to TP2

Attached is a program I use called Microsoft Myphone...and it is the latest build....

If you have a hotmail account then your good, if not create one and install the myphone cab to your phone. Once you've done that login and setup your backup items. This program basically will backup your contacts, pictures, txt msgs including SMS's, videos and much more...I recommend it over some other programs....then when your done just click on sync......but first you will need to install it on the Touch Pro, run it....and then on the new Touch Pro 2 do the same, once you sync it on the TP, then the TP2...then everything that the program allows you to backup with then be put on your TP2.... If you have any question don't hesitate to msg me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab myphone-1.6.2718-wm-pro-touch.cab (1.43 MB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ChrisH09; 04-11-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Attached is a program I use called Microsoft Myphone...and it is the latest build....

If you have a hotmail account then your good, if not create one and install the myphone cab to your phone. Once you've done that login and setup your backup items. This program basically will backup your contacts, pictures, txt msgs including SMS's, videos and much more...I recommend it over some other programs....then when your done just click on sync......but first you will need to install it on the Touch Pro, run it....and then on the new Touch Pro 2 do the same, once you sync it on the TP, then the TP2...then everything that the program allows you to backup with then be put on your TP2.... If you have any question don't hesitate to msg me.
I agree. Microsoft MyPhone backs up EVERYTHING. I set mine to sync at 3:45am every day. Just recently upgraded from and Ozone to the TP2 and it transferred over 2000 text to the new phone. Lol. You might want to log on periodically to clean it out if you keep texts on your phone like I do. Excellent program though. They even send you notifications when there are software updates. Try it... you won't be sorry.

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".
Old 04-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

isn't there a limitation for the free account?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPRINT

unicode2021 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch-this-pro View Post
Hello everybody,
i am finally getting rid of the crappy TP and upgrading to TP2

I have transfered all my contacts with Jeyo mobile companion to TP2, but when it comes to transferring my SMS, Jeyo either crashes or when it completes the job, only a portion is transfered.

I even tried PPCPimBackup with backup and restore between the two phones and still the SMS get messed up where everything else transfers fine (i.e. calls, contacts etc.)

Any suggerstions?

thank you in advance
your best bet above and beyond all is MSMYPHONE, xfr all contacts, calander, pix, txt, and doc(x)'s from one device to another seemlessly.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Shabaz is a n00b

I'm using MyPhone and I liked it in the past but its been giving me some problems recently. First of all, whenever I sync my phone it never puts old texts, calls, etc. on my phone if I swapped phones or do a hard reset, it only loads whats currently on my phone to my online accounts. Second of all, I dont know what the hell happened but during my last sync it somehow back tracked 2 months, so I dont have any of the texts since then on my phone. And finally, I cant see any new texts I get. It will vibrate and show me the symbol for a new text but when I click on the text tab it just shows me all the old texts and even when I open up the thread I still can't see the new text. Anyone know how to fix any of these issues, without having to do a hard reset?

Last edited by Shabaz; 04-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless
Threadstarter

touch-this-pro is just getting started

thanks to all of you that replied.
while this does not solve the entire problem, it does help a lot.

Frankly speaking, this is a program by microsoft I actually like and its free (well, most features anyways).

I got around my problem by doing only the text messages with the pim backup and it worked (partially, still some sms were not there).

thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why not sync only the texts using ms myphone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2