PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

dougw03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sync FB pictures with Outlook Exchange contacts?

Hello,

Since I've updated to Sprint 6.5 it seems I have lost this feature. Is there any fix out there? All of my contacts on outlook have old pictures from when I was syncing with 6.1. Thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sync FB pictures with Outlook Exchange contacts?

not that i know of. i sync my facebook to my outlook on my pc using "outsync" as a workaround
Old 04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Unfortunately there's no way to do this FB contact photos are linked outside of the PIM database, so Outlook basically isn't affected.

To be honest, I wish there was a way to link contacts with Facebook but NOT download their contact pictures (I already have photos for everyone haha)

If anyone has information to the contrary, please let us know
Old 04-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Unfortunately there's no way to do this FB contact photos are linked outside of the PIM database, so Outlook basically isn't affected.

To be honest, I wish there was a way to link contacts with Facebook but NOT download their contact pictures (I already have photos for everyone haha)

If anyone has information to the contrary, please let us know
I know that you can click on a contact, then click edit. Then click on the photo in the top right corner and select outlook photo. The downside is that you have to do this for each individual contact. That is the only way i know of.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I know that you can click on a contact, then click edit. Then click on the photo in the top right corner and select outlook photo. The downside is that you have to do this for each individual contact. That is the only way i know of.
That is true. I would do it manually, but I flash too often. I wish it would save the setting when it writes to the comments section of the contact
Old 04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

dougw03 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
not that i know of. i sync my facebook to my outlook on my pc using "outsync" as a workaround
I tried using outsync but the contact pictures are really blurry. It's really annoying to me they took this feature out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2