PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
app to share audio from one pda to another?

I want to hook my tp2 to my wifes via bluetooth (or whatever is available) and share audio from the headphone jack between both of us.

so we can talk to eachother while we ride on a motorcylce without making a phone call (battery life and what not)

is there an app thatl do it?
Old 04-10-2010, 01:13 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: app to share audio from one pda to another?

kind of confused, whats the purpose of the headphone jack?

Help Me Help You
Old 04-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i and my wife ride a motorcycle. i want to use our tp2's to talk with eachother via bluetooth or wifi (saving battery using bluetooth or wifi)
Old 04-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sounds like you need a two way radio.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:25 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sorry man I dont have a solution. I just thought that was funny in a cute kinda way what you are trying to do. Just picturing you and your wife riding your motorcycles and wanting to chat to each other, but to be honest I dont think that is possible. Sorry bro.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

It's possible but with two way(cb) type radios in both of your helmets. I don't think it's possible with cell phones unless you have something custom made.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:52 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

yea a phone call would have to be made for bluetooth, and if there was a mic option, you wouldnt need the phone. i know they make bluetooth helmets, but they are expensive.

just yell....
Old 04-10-2010, 05:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
kind of confused, whats the purpose of the headphone jack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
yea a phone call would have to be made for bluetooth, and if there was a mic option, you wouldnt need the phone. i know they make bluetooth helmets, but they are expensive.

just yell....
No, a call is not necessary for bluetooth.

Basically he wants to use bluetooth to stream his and his wife's voice back and forth. If there was a program that was made for this, it would be possible.
Unfortunately alot of the bluetooth stacks that microsoft likes to use are locked down (last I remember anyways), so a program that would do what you like, would be quite a bit of work/coding.

If I could find that list on my favorite freeware site, it had something that might be able to work, but I just can't find it....I think they deleted the list of categories and I don't know the name of the different programs. :/
Old 04-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Try a set of Dragon headsets, they have a walkie talkie mode.

http://www.callpod.com/products/dragon

They have two others that do walkie talkie but the Dragons have the best range (100 meters) and can talk to pc and phone at the same time. Sometimes working at Best Buy has a few advantages. FYI it is cheaper if you got a friend there to buy them for you.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Last edited by elmerfudpucker; 04-10-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I found an app that says it does it. iv just gotta get the demo installed and buy some headphones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2