PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 : Windows mobile 6.5
Carrier: Sprint

fujifilm6502002 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC TP2 : Keyboard Problem

I am having problems with my keyboard changing on me, my original keyboard looks like regular default keyboard.

http://static.tehkseven.net/news/wp-...o-keyboard.jpg

However sometimes it would changed into the internet browser keyboard where the space button in the middle is replaced with "[.com][.] " instead. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? and is there a fix?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC TP2 : Keyboard Problem

You're posting in a forum about the TP2, your profile says you're running Windows Mobile 5, and you posted a screenshot of Android...soooo I'm probably not alone in my confusion. Clarify?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I just want to clarify, I am running windows mobile 6.5 stock with latest clean up cab installed. I took the picture of the keyboard off the internet because i don't have screenshot program installed on my phone. But the basically thats the keyboard I have and it would randomly changed to a different format replacing the [space] to [.com][.].
Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mishajmo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifilm6502002 View Post
I am having problems with my keyboard changing on me, my original keyboard looks like regular default keyboard.

http://static.tehkseven.net/news/wp-...o-keyboard.jpg

However sometimes it would changed into the internet browser keyboard where the space button in the middle is replaced with "[.com][.] " instead. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? and is there a fix?
There has to be a reg edit for this. The keyboard you speak of appears when you use PIE or Opera that ships with the ROM. If you install a different browser, the standard keyboard is used.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I know it appears when i am using opera and am trying to input a url into the browser. but then sometimes it would change my keyboard for my htc texting as well. But sometimes it would randomly change back again for some reason. maybe after i did a soft reboot.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:51 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i would blame the clean up cab. alot of people have posted in that thread that it breaks the sip keyboard. usually it replaces it with the numeric keyboadr. id say to post the same question in that thread, and try to get help, or just hard reset, and give up on the cleanup cab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2