PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic
Carrier: Sprint

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Program/CAB for subway navigation

I'm taking a trip to NY in a few months. Being from the south I'm not well-versed in navigating the NY subway system on my own (all times on the trains has been with a native). Is there a good program that will help get around the city easily?

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:37 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Program/CAB for subway navigation

not a program, but a website. google transit. enter times (leaving or arrival) and places, it gives you all the routes for buses subways and and els.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/transit/#mdy

Last edited by austin420; 04-04-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:41 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

by clicking a few links at the above mentioned website, it told me that google maps for mobile apparently has transit info too. i didnt know that. i guess you learn something new every day.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:50 AM

i just tried it out, and it was pretty good really. i opened google maps and didnt see it right away. its under menu, get directions, and the three tabs are car, public transit, and walk.
pretty handy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TP2

Macho is just getting started

Born and raised in NYC.. my advice is to ask... Believe it or not there are alot of people who will tell u were to go ...There are always officers around and they can point you in right directions.. How are you gonna use google in da subway???? Alil more advice definitely dont go on the subway after 3 am bad move trust me.. So have fun In New Yiddy and the quest for 28 begins today against Boston.. Goooo Yankees
Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Rocketman99 is a n00b

Well you can download the NYC subway maps from the MTA website: http://mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

YOu can also dowload a program called Metro. I've been using that program for about 8 years since my old HP Jornada PDA. You can download the maps to the transit system in basically every city and every country that has one and they are updated frequently, although you have to dowload updates yourself. It also includes common landmarks as search items for directions. Check it out. http://metro.nanika.net/
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 AM

i would deffinitly go web based though. who knows how big the file with every subway map and schedule for nyc would be huge!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

grandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Try Hopstop. It can be used online, or with text messages.
http://www.hopstop.com/member?action...ged_in=y&page=
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman99 View Post
Well you can download the NYC subway maps from the MTA website: http://mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

YOu can also dowload a program called Metro. I've been using that program for about 8 years since my old HP Jornada PDA. You can download the maps to the transit system in basically every city and every country that has one and they are updated frequently, although you have to dowload updates yourself. It also includes common landmarks as search items for directions. Check it out. http://metro.nanika.net/
I used http://metro.nanika.net/ & it is a very lite app & not resource intensive @ all. However, it is not as intuitive as is should be.
But the price is right & so is the info.
Recommended!

Last edited by Q_Q; 04-05-2010 at 11:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2