PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Mike5150 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

So I've been enjoying my TP2 for several months now, and I have to say I'm very happy with it except for when I check my emails. I hate how pocket outlook does not download the attachments or display pics in the email. I understand there are 3rd party email apps, but will they integrate into Mobile shell and/or Manila? if so, what are the better email apps out there?
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: My biggest complaint

flexmail is one
http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ....php?p_id=mail&
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

yea, that bugs me too.

Flexmail probably works super, but it seems like overkill (there are like 40 screenshots of it)

Is there any simple 3rd party email client that fixes just the specific atachment problem??

~John
Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Not yet man, I always end up setling for that frigin outlook...it is indeed an overkill IMO as well...
Old 04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I too hate this. I wish that by default, it would use the "tap to scroll right" and "download images".
Old 04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

so i guess outlook doesn't have those options? (click to scroll right and dl images). i only have yahoo and gmail and those do so i guess i don't need a fancy flexmail app.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

umm guys, outlook will download the entire email, attachments, pics and everything. you have to go to settings...

menu\\tools\\options\\select your email account\\download size limit\\

then you can select wheter the entire email is downloaded and whether it automatically downloads attachments. i have mine set to download all text w\no pics... hope that helps you guys. dont forget to hit thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:30 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
umm guys, outlook will download the entire email, attachments, pics and everything. you have to go to settings...

menu\\tools\\options\\select your email account\\download size limit\\

then you can select wheter the entire email is downloaded and whether it automatically downloads attachments. i have mine set to download all text w\no pics... hope that helps you guys. dont forget to hit thanks
Yes, we all know this. Mine is set to download the entire message and all attachments.

However, although it may be downloaded, the pictures are NOT shown until you click to show the pictures. This is irritating as shit.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
However, although it may be downloaded, the pictures are NOT shown until you click to show the pictures. This is irritating as shit.
ah! o ok, now i see exactly what you guys are talking about and its pretty silly that if u select to download the entire message pics and all, you still have to click some 2 show the pics... i am about to take a look in the registry and see if a reg edit may solve this problem
Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

With Exchange though, the email size option is not applicable from what I have been able to determine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2