PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium (TP2)
Carrier: O2/Vodafone

c0nv1ct is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems flashign a ROM

Hey ppl,
heres the problem

ive downloaded juicy r10, the latest Leo and mightyrom.. and everytime i try to run the RUU, there is a CRC error comes about.. ive tried it on an XP, Vista and Mac running a parralel desktop.. so it must be something im doin wrong?

so what is it? anyone know? please help asap!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problems flashign a ROM

make sure you have an activesync session established via USB. Then using Vista try right clicking the installer and "Run as Administrator"
Old 03-27-2010, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

You can also try flashing directly from sd card if you can't manage to get it done from computer.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375
Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor

I know this will sound like a stupid question but have you hard spl'd your phone yet

Old 03-27-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonic View Post
I know this will sound like a stupid question but have you hard spl'd your phone yet
There's no such thing as a stupid question... only stupid people asking questions.... j/k bro, I didn't even think to ask it... too early in the morning here and not enough coffee yet....
Old 03-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

c0nv1ct is a n00b
Re: Problems flashing a ROM

ive bricked my fone... so i cant do it from my mem card (plus dont have a reader)

also my vista doesnt let me have activesync.. and wmdc doesnt extract (stating that i haven tenuff memory) but i got over 100gb and my ram is only on 50% so i really dont know what to do...

the "corrupt" version does flash across as normal.. but increments of 25% then error 270 comes along
Old 03-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

c0nv1ct is a n00b

yeah iv ebeen using mightyrom.. but i did it agen just incase it was out of date or sumthing.. that flashed across fine manually.. and jus remained on the HTC TP2 start screen...
Old 03-27-2010, 10:33 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I could be wrong, but isn't O2/Vodafone a GSM network?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 03-27-2010, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I could be wrong, but isn't O2/Vodafone a GSM network?
I thought the same but there are many people on here who are running vodfone on CDMA ROM's, so I assumed I was wrong...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

c0nv1ct is a n00b

peeps, ur rite.. vodafone is a GSM network.. ut even thought i have a CDMA fone (sprint) i get full functionality to with it on voda UK. Ive flashed on Mightyrom beofre.. but i odnt know why.. NONE of the rom's im flashing on seem to work...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2