PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

byPalmHiWM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Need Right Screen Locker(have tried several...)

I'm trying to find the "right" screen locker. HAVE done much searching and testing- hoping someone here knows of something.
--What I am trying to accomplish: keep device from making "case" calls, entering into apps, etc., when it is woken up or accidently turned on.
--What I have tried: S2U2, Throttle lock, TouchLock pro, PocketSheild,... and I think a couple others for which I have forgotten the names.
--THE PROBLEM: all of the above apps mess with regular functionality of the phone in a way that I have not been able to correct or work around-generally they either stop completely, or slow down, blue tooth auto-answering (so much that I miss calls) which is critical in my work. (I could go back an produce exact issues to list if needed)
--The solution I need- an app that simply locks the screen when it comes on until another action is taken (slide, etc) but does'nt get involved in everything else- show notifications etc while locked and don't mess with bluetooth, let the phone answer.
BTW- I am required to lock by IT dept sync I sync with exchange server.
Maybe I want to much but it's worth a try...
THANK YOU
Old 03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Need Right Screen Locker(have tried several...)

which rom are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byPalmHiWM View Post
I'm trying to find the "right" screen locker. HAVE done much searching and testing- hoping someone here knows of something.
--What I am trying to accomplish: keep device from making "case" calls, entering into apps, etc., when it is woken up or accidently turned on.
--What I have tried: S2U2, Throttle lock, TouchLock pro, PocketSheild,... and I think a couple others for which I have forgotten the names.
--THE PROBLEM: all of the above apps mess with regular functionality of the phone in a way that I have not been able to correct or work around-generally they either stop completely, or slow down, blue tooth auto-answering (so much that I miss calls) which is critical in my work. (I could go back an produce exact issues to list if needed)
--The solution I need- an app that simply locks the screen when it comes on until another action is taken (slide, etc) but does'nt get involved in everything else- show notifications etc while locked and don't mess with bluetooth, let the phone answer.
BTW- I am required to lock by IT dept sync I sync with exchange server.
Maybe I want to much but it's worth a try...
THANK YOU

Radio: 2.35.00WF
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Auto locks when you turn the screen off. When you turn it on you slide to unlock.
Attached Files
File Type: cab LockDevice_V1.6.CAB (45.3 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

+1 for LockDevice V1.6
Old 03-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

byPalmHiWM is a n00b

Stock 6.1
Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by byPalmHiWM View Post
Stock 6.1
LockDevice ppcgeeks forum link is http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109635

It's listed at WM6.5, so don't know if it will work on your stock 6.1. You could always update to Sprints stock WM6.5.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

byPalmHiWM is a n00b

Ok, istalled an it seems to be running... found two new icons in programs, "DisableLock", and "EnableLock". Tapped enable and now when device is turned on I have to enter my code (also went to DeviceLock file to set up). I don't see any slider, perhaps because I have to lock with code. THE GOOD NEWS, phone answers, blue tooth works, etc. So far this is perfect for me (other than the fact that it would be easier to "slide" rather than ender code- I can live with this!).
THANKS!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

byPalmHiWM is a n00b

One last(?) update, in case your interested.. I unchecked the "prompt if device used for" box in settings/personal/lock and now I get "unlock" at the bottem of screen where "camera" used to be, I tap that and go to the DeviceLock screen where I "tap" "unlock" to finish the process. This works fine- phone still functiones normally in all other aspects. Still don't see slider but, minor detail.
Thanks again.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

I actually don't recall if there is supposed to be a slider on WM6.1 (I don't believe it is)...the slider came into play with WM6.5. If you don't plan to upgrade to 6.5 and would like a slider, you'll have to look at another custom lock .cab such as s2u2 (slide to unlock).

Glad that lockdevice 1.6 is working thus far for you.

EDIT: Just wondering if you were aware of the official stock WM6.5 Sprint upgrade, and if you plan to go that route?

Last edited by willyjay; 03-26-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:55 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

You won't get a slider unless you have WM6.5. If you update to the stock Sprint WM6.5 update then you will get a slider.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
autolock, screen lock, unlocker