PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 01:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
No more firefox for winmo..and proof development is dieing

Ok so we know Adobe abandoned winmo after wp7 announcement and now mozilla

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/m...ile-wont-offe/

Why did M$ announce early it won't be app compatible..its like they plan to kill winmo 6.5 on purpose..sigh

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No more firefox for winmo..and proof development is dieing

Yeah screw them. Lets all respond by going to Android.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Yeah screw them. Lets all respond by going to Android.
i'm already there. and soon sprint users and verizon users will have more options as well. Nexus, Supersonic, and Incredible.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bloodhound3785 is a n00b

Firefox isnt being developed for win 6.5 or 7,
does that mean winmo 7 is dying?
This is just politics b/t huge software companies...
mozilla wants an ndk before any further development...
msft is probably trying to keep this a tight platform at launch for minimal crashes / bugs / etc and this will open the doors as things dont break - also with the whole eu ballot thing, this might be their way of saying f.u. to mozilla too.
Oh and mozilla wants to develop for winmo 7 (idk bout 6) as they see it will be a solid platform for the future or mobile smartphone os's
Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Im not Bill Gates but if you think the world is going to abandon MicroShaft then I have ocean front property in Iraq i'd like to sell you.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Im not Bill Gates but if you think the world is going to abandon MicroShaft then I have ocean front property in Iraq i'd like to sell you.

I think they are talking Microsoft on mobile phones...
Desktops/laptops Windows still reign.

But as far as smartphones go, yes Microsoft will always have a presence but they are pretty much close to being a 4th rate player in the market behind Blackberry, iphone, and Android.

Windows 7 mobile will make a splash but considering it's a total reboot from 6.1 and 6.5 this will just give former Microsoft users another reason to check out other platforms.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I think they are talking Microsoft on mobile phones...
Desktops/laptops Windows still reign.

But as far as smartphones go, yes Microsoft will always have a presence but they are pretty much close to being a 4th rate player in the market behind Blackberry, iphone, and Android.

Windows 7 mobile will make a splash but considering it's a total reboot from 6.1 and 6.5 this will just give former Microsoft users another reason to check out other platforms.
but give other platform users a reason to check out wm as well
Old 03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post

I don't think Bill Gates works with Microsoft anymore. He owns most of the company but doesn't work there. He retired, and is now working on a non-profit

Droidrox39
Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
but give other platform users a reason to check out wm as well
you took the words out of my mouth.

on another note, didn't adobe stop development because WP7 is right around the corner or did MS say they would not allow flash support ala iphone and RIM?

I hardely think that development for winmo is dying, just development for an old almost dead platform is dying (a platform that i love very much by the way).
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You guys are too literal.... lol

Thanks for the Gates synopsis btw.

My point being was don't count MS out just yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2