PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2
Carrier: Verizon

googler118 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie Here

Greetings All,
I'm new to the site and new to the modding of my Verizon TP 2. I've been doing some research and I'd really like to start playing around with my phone as its quite boring being stock. The only thing I've done thus far to this phone since having it for the last few months was updating/flashing it to the Verizon released windows mobile 6.5 version which I do seem to like alot better. I guess I need some guidence as what to do next. I have a feeling from reading the first step is to unlock it? would I have to go back to the previous version 6.1 to unlock or can I just do it from 6.5 (where I am now?) From what I've seen I'd like to start playing around with manila 2.5 and start custimizing some stuff. I'll keep looking around for more info but any guidence would be appreciated as I don't want to brick this thing. Thankyou!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Newbie Here

you can unlock on 6.5...no need to revert to 6.1. everything you need is in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades section on this forum. good luck!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

Go ahead and unlock, you do not have to go back to 6.1. Unlocking just allows the ability to flash custom roms. If you want a 2.5 rom I suggest going to the CDMA TP2 Upgrades section located at the top of the TP2 section. Look at the end of the rom's thread and see how many issues people are having. If you want stability I'd shy away from them. Wait a couple few days and all the chefs will be releasing a 2.5 rom based off of the new Sprint rom. Lastly, search and read. Really it's the only answer anyone can provide.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2W WM6.5
Carrier: Verizon

eyepopper is a n00b

I have started a support group for us. VZW TP2 WM 6.5

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...35#post1663835

still researching...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2