PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hampshire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 reboots itself randomly.

Anybody having a problem with your phone rebooting itself? My wife and I both have Sprint Touch Pro2 phones and both of them reboot on their own a couple of times a day. It happened with both the 6.1 and 6.5 official Sprint roms and the Juicy rom. The only common things between the phones besides the stock software is Mobile Xpression software and we both sync live.com mail as items arrive. Anyone else have this problem or have Mobile Xpression or live mail without this problem.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 reboots itself randomly.

Change the radio..its the sprint Radio..had same issue and after I changed the radio it was fixed.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Change the radio..its the sprint Radio..had same issue and after I changed the radio it was fixed.

Can you provide a link or some more advice as to what you mean? I just posted this before this thread was posted. Same issue as this poster.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
Can you provide a link or some more advice as to what you mean? I just posted this before this thread was posted. Same issue as this poster.
Sprint 1.96 Radio is junk and is the cause of the resets.

If you don't want to unlock your phone: (Haven't tested this myself)
There is a newer radio 2.32 that sprint released with 6.5 but I have not tried it yet but it MAY fix the issue (link below)

If you have unlocked your phone: (This is what worked for me so I can vouch for this)
I am using USC_2.05WV and it fixed my reseting issue, but you must be flash unlocked to install it (link below)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342

Last edited by gTen; 03-22-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Sprint 1.96 Radio is junk and is the cause of the resets.

If you don't want to unlock your phone:
There is a newer radio 2.32 that sprint released with 6.5 but I have not tried it yet but it may fix the issue (link below)

If you have unlocked your phone:
I am using USC_2.05WV and it fixed my reseting issue, but you must be flash unlocked to install it (link below)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342
He said he is getting resets WITH THE NEW STOCK ROM (6.5) as well as with older one - correct? This new ROM has radio 2.32.00WF. He wouldn't be running 1.96 if he's using the official stock ROM of 3/19, right?

OP, as far as reporting issues with custom ROMS, leave those separate from discussion of OFFICIAL roms. Many of us choose to stay stock specifically for this reason. Dont muddy the water, so to speak. It sounds like youre saying every rom you tried gave you resets. In that case, I'd look at the software youre using.

Last edited by Alpine-; 03-22-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
He said he is getting resets WITH THE NEW STOCK ROM (6.5) - correct? This ROM has radio 2.32.00WF. He wouldnt be running 1.96 if he's using the official stock rom of 3/19, right?
If he is having problems with the radio in 6.5 then that radio may still have the issue..either way the USC radio fixed it for me..that I can vouch for.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I've run both Sprint stock Radios with Custom ROMs and never had a random reboot.

It's not the radio.

I only flashed new stock ROM to get new radio and then immediately went back to Calkulin's Kitchen and is running great.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I've run both Sprint stock Radios with Custom ROMs and never had a random reboot.

It's not the radio.

I only flashed new stock ROM to get new radio and then immediately went back to Calkulin's Kitchen and is running great.
This does not effect everyone but a few and ONLY effects sprint (and its not everyone on sprint but no one outside of sprint had this issue)..it may be just the towers in our area are playing bad or etc..

But I had resets and USC radio fixed it..so I am giving a solution that worked for me...I tried EVERY ROM and all had reset issues..I flashed the USC radio and it was fixed...that is all I can say.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:16 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
when you flash the stock rom were you connected via activesync? if not then you didn't get the full package.
flashing via bootloader &or card, will unbrick, but once it's running, re-flash by running the exe after activesync connects.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

I haven't had a reboot since the upgrade to 6.5 yesterday. I used to experience it several times daily with 6.1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2