PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost some settings, can someone help please?

Hi, I haven't upgraded to 6.5 yet, a little scared to based on some of the info posted here, my stock 6.1 was working well enough the way I had it set up, but then I got fancy and added that *one last* cab that made me have to reset my system....

And it seems on reinstalling everything (still Sprint stock 6.1), I lost some settings that were super important to me. The most important is individual control of volume (ring/system): I can't find it at all! Can someone point me to where it may be? It's not under Settings-->Sound, so where would it be?

Also, I use SPB mobile shell, which I was loving, but I seem to have lost the SPB customizations of the settings stuff, now when I go to settings through SPB, I just get the stock WM settings. Sooo sad!

Any ideas on what I might've done wrong when I did the reset? I'm willing to reset again, but I want to do it right.

Also, if there are any really good reasons to upgrade to 6.5 that don't have any major reasons not to (ie. pros & cons), I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Last edited by nyCecilia; 03-27-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Lost some settings, can someone help please?

No ideas, thoughts, musings, even unhelpful help?

Ok...whatever. Android, I hear you calling me...or maybe iPhone...who knows how low I can go
Old 03-27-2010, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
No ideas, thoughts, musings, even unhelpful help?

Ok...whatever. Android, I hear you calling me...or maybe iPhone...who knows how low I can go
I'll have to assume you're talking about HTCVolumeControl and having the Ringer and System volumes both so. If so, it's a simple regedit:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\VolumeOverlay]
"SimpleMode"=dword:00000001
You need to change SimpleMode to 0 and maybe softreset (might work on the fly, so you can try).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Upgrade, or at least flash a custom ROM (MightyROM or Mr. X, just to poke a few). You'll have more available RAM upon boot, better performance, and programs that are being updated are for 6.5...and even our lovely 6.5 is almost dead. Thanks WinMo7 (insert extreme sarcasm here). Update may be more battery intensive, but worth it for the speed.

At the least, when you flash your ROM (custom or stock6.5), at least maybe you'll get your start menu back. I use MS too, and I love it. Couldn't live without it.

...and I'm going to have fun my last day on Earth!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I'll have to assume you're talking about HTCVolumeControl and having the Ringer and System volumes both so. If so, it's a simple regedit:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\VolumeOverlay]
"SimpleMode"=dword:00000001
You need to change SimpleMode to 0 and maybe softreset (might work on the fly, so you can try).
Thanks, but I didn't have to do a regedit before and it was just there, any ideas on what might've happened? I didn't install anything new.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2