PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo4G
Carrier: Sprint

ultra74 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down How can I revert to Sprint 6.1

Does anyone know where I can find the Sprint stock 6.1 flasher, if there is such a file.

I have updated to 6.5 and would like to revert. Is there a similar program as the one from HTC that I can execute to flash a sprint 6.1?

Thanks.

Ray
Old 03-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

upgrades part of the forum then fine the stock rom thread and download 6.1 sprint stock.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:42 PM
adam12

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: How can I revert to Sprint 6.1

If I may ask, Why?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%202/Stock%20ROMs/RUU_Rhodium_W_Sprint_WWE_1.21.651.3_RS_1.96WF_NV_S PCS_1.42_0430_PRL60652_Ship.exe

that is it.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ultra74 is a n00b

Thanks,

I did a search before posting and looked in the wrong forum (Software). I thought that one was for unlocked and cooked roms.

Ray
Old 03-20-2010, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

I posted this exact question this morning. (Searching would have resulted in the same thing you asked)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114875

In fact, it should have brought this up when you were typing this thread. No harm done, just search before you post

Last edited by quickstang; 03-20-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ultra74 is a n00b

adam12,

I've been using it since Friday morning, or trying, and it seems a bit of a step back. The UI is actually a bit cluttered for me.

I had some simple registry tweeks in 6.1 and it was fast, slim (disable pushinternet) and pretty usable stock.

From what I could see, 6.5 did not come with added functionality other than UI additions.

And unfortunately it is pretty bloated RAM wise, and battery time went down drastically. I could last a day and a half before and now it just makes it to the end of the work day.

Don't get me wrong, I've been trying to make registry changes but there are a lot of Sense UI settings not available directly or via registry entries.

I think I'll try it again when the tweeks have been straightened out some more.

Ray
Old 03-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Well for one it seems Sprint/HTC/Microsoft, one of them disable the light sensor...I was in HDtools and say it was disabled....that helps with battery life....I re-enabled it and did some tweaks...but my main concern is how bloated this device is with all the crapware installed....I hate the fact that I can't uninstall stupid programs like NFL, Nascar, Stupid Music Store and so on.....I'm betting that a good majority of the RAM being used is all that crap....And Sprint know this phone has a slower processor should have know to stip it down a bit so that it atleast ran semi smooth....I'm sorry but 100-120 of the someodd 180MB this phone has for memory being used, is a crock of crap.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2