PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

aprillia99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fastest TP2 CDMA ROM

Forgive if this has been discussed before, i searched but didnt find much. What everyones opinion on the fastest, stable ROM for tp2 cdma? ive tried many ROMs and they all work pretty fast until i get my contacts and such on then it lags pretty bad from page to page, and the home screen freeze sometime.

anyone have and diagrams of tests done on them or anything like that would be much appreciated

Thx
Old 03-19-2010, 05:13 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Fastest TP2 CDMA ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprillia99 View Post
Forgive if this has been discussed before, i searched but didnt find much. What everyones opinion on the fastest, stable ROM for tp2 cdma? ive tried many ROMs and they all work pretty fast until i get my contacts and such on then it lags pretty bad from page to page, and the home screen freeze sometime.

anyone have and diagrams of tests done on them or anything like that would be much appreciated

Thx
I don't believe there is a way to prove which is "better" but i personally can tell you that..

Mr.X 2.1 and 2.5 ROM's are good!

mighty mikes 2.1 and 2.5 ROM's are good!

TMartin's ROM is amazing as well! this three are my fav
Old 03-19-2010, 05:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

aprillia99 is a n00b

Ty for the replay and yea i dont think there a REAL way to tell or prove but wondered what ROM the public likes the most, there has to be a reason for it.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:19 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

For Sense 2.5 I've been running NRGZ March 13th ROM with EXCELLENT speed.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

i've ventured into pretty much all of them and I'd have to say it depends what you like.. I like almost fully transparent skins and being able to see my whole home screen so I've always used mightyrom's sense 2.1 wm65 rom and that's done the job very well...

Old 03-19-2010, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

While this is a difficult issue, once thing this forum will teach you is that not doing full nightly backups is the playground of noobies and idiots. These phones have more problems than computers, and the issues are virtually eliminated by using either of the 2 major backup program, SPB Backup, or Sprite. On the TP2, SPB BAckup seems to be working better. Over half of the issues on the first page, at times, wouldn't happen if people backed up with one of these 2 programs. I think we need to insist on people doing backups. Personally, I use SPB, and have the maximum number of days of backups saved. I also do "full backups" to a different directory every so often, and also when I add a lot of software on a given night, and do one after every few installations of software. With all the talk of "perma-banning" people for rumor threads, etc., if anything should merit a perma-ban, it is anyone with more than 50 or 100 posts that has a problem that a simple hard reset, and Restore would solve. I'm tired of these "Help me save my......" threads
Old 03-19-2010, 05:30 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

aprillia99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
While this is a difficult issue, once thing this forum will teach you is that not doing full nightly backups is the playground of noobies and idiots. These phones have more problems than computers, and the issues are virtually eliminated by using either of the 2 major backup program, SPB Backup, or Sprite. On the TP2, SPB BAckup seems to be working better. Over half of the issues on the first page, at times, wouldn't happen if people backed up with one of these 2 programs. I think we need to insist on people doing backups. Personally, I use SPB, and have the maximum number of days of backups saved. I also do "full backups" to a different directory every so often, and also when I add a lot of software on a given night, and do one after every few installations of software. With all the talk of "perma-banning" people for rumor threads, etc., if anything should merit a perma-ban, it is anyone with more than 50 or 100 posts that has a problem that a simple hard reset, and Restore would solve. I'm tired of these "Help me save my......" threads

well ty for the replay and being a computer tech. i do completely understand what your saying. but isnt that what the community here is for people who might be labled "noobies" to ask question and get help not everyone here is as tech savy as us. but i did not know about daily back ups, would that solve or help my dramatic lagging after a few day when i load my contacts, or where u just ranting about people who have trouble with hard resets? sry i got kinda lost in ur reply.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have run test on many/most of the ROMs available on this site including available RAM, benchmarks, and boot time. I find the most light weight ROMs to run the smoothest and for that reason I am using Baseline's 002 ROM. MalROM seems to get the highest benchmark scores but it doesn't seem to translate to much more speed in the real world. For a full breakdown of the comparisons, follow the link in my sig.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
well ty for the replay and being a computer tech. i do completely understand what your saying. but isnt that what the community here is for people who might be labled "noobies" to ask question and get help not everyone here is as tech savy as us. but i did not know about daily back ups, would that solve or help my dramatic lagging after a few day when i load my contacts, or where u just ranting about people who have trouble with hard resets? sry i got kinda lost in ur reply.
I used both MightyRom and Mr. X and both are good... 2.1 sense is more stable a bit but 2.5 is more convenient.

The new stock 6.5, and opera 10 just came out as well so my guess is everyones custom is gonna get updated soon.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:

Thx
how many contacts and messages, etc are you loading? that is probably causing the lag, not the ROM. especially if you use sense which seems to freeze up sometimes when having 100's of emails or texts.
if this is indeed your problem, you might turn sense off for a couple of days and see how the lag is. if it is gone, you might try titanium only, or mobile shell with messaging widgets set to go to the messaging client (not the 3d view). all this fancy ui and 3d graphics is a little hard for the tp2 to handle.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2