PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:06 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Offical Bugs List with Sprint Touch Pro 2 - WinMob. 6.5 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Not sure if this is a bug....but when I set my location....GPS etc for the weather the city it gives me is Artondale, WA....I live right off I-5 near Federal Way, WA....shouldn't it go to my current location instead of some place that is 30+ miles away??

Other than that I seems to work great.
I don't think you should worry about that to be honest, I don't remember but this is also a problem in custom ROM's and I recall i think someone saying.. it gives you the location based on the nearest cell tower. I can't be positive on that but just trying to remember
Old 03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

After a flash and hard reset, my phone has only 78MB free RAM. I have to soft reset (suggested to me by yardizidifer) to get to 93MB.

And yes, if I flash or hard reset again (any number of times in any order), I get back to 78, and need to soft reset again.

From the official upgrade thread, 2 others report the same.

Last edited by willysp; 03-19-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I don't think you should worry about that to be honest, I don't remember but this is also a problem in custom ROM's and I recall i think someone saying.. it gives you the location based on the nearest cell tower. I can't be positive on that but just trying to remember
This is on the new stock 6.5 ROM, not cooked...and the closest cell tower to me is not 30+ miles away...it's 3 blocks away....I personally think it's a accuweather issue or something within the network that is screwy...not sure I'll call HTC and or Sprint today and ask them.....but I have that weird feeling Sprint will sit there and send me to 4 diffrent answer to tell me they have no way to resolve it and waste my time....hehe
Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touchpro2
Carrier: sprint

mrlazy is a n00b
Re: Another One - Time Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie411 View Post
The time seems to get all confused when running a program.

For instance it says 12:01 right now, if I run Youtube and the exit out it says 11:59, then quickly changes back to 12:01. This happened before when it was 11:50, and I'd run a program it would go back to 10:##.
I have the same issue. Plus, cleartype is not enabled when in landscape mode and does not allow you to check it on either.

Last edited by mrlazy; 03-19-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
This is on the new stock 6.5 ROM, not cooked...and the closest cell tower to me is not 30+ miles away...it's 3 blocks away....I personally think it's a accuweather issue or something within the network that is screwy...not sure I'll call HTC and or Sprint today and ask them.....but I have that weird feeling Sprint will sit there and send me to 4 diffrent answer to tell me they have no way to resolve it and waste my time....hehe

I do know this is the new stock 6.5, nothing really different about google weather location though, most chef's have been using 6.5 based drivers and files/ect... so on, trust me lol, My google location hasn't been accurate ever! only that one time i was in a sprint store I'm not in any way trying to argue with you btw just saying what I think and know so far
Old 03-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

fsfsfsfs is a n00b

I mean, I can't say for sure that this is a "bug," since I don't know how to reproduce it, but... after a few restarts and installing a few cabs (gmaps, palringo, just the basics), TouchFlo has decided not to start up. I get stuck on the orange Windows boot screen
Old 03-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
haven't downloaded the new ROM yet but my location is always accurate with Mighty and Mr. X ROMs with the 2.1 and 2.5 sense weather as long as the Footprints app is not loaded.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Don't bother calling. It's a known issue with your Airave.

When I'm on mine at home it puts me on the other side of the state, 200 miles away.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I am noticing when i type in passwords if I keep the keyboard open and submit like for face book or palringo it tells me failure but when I close the keyboard it takes it...
Old 03-19-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work
Re: Another One - Time Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie411 View Post
The time seems to get all confused when running a program.

For instance it says 12:01 right now, if I run Youtube and the exit out it says 11:59, then quickly changes back to 12:01. This happened before when it was 11:50, and I'd run a program it would go back to 10:##.
That's not a bug. That's a clock animation that starts 1:02 back from the right time and it flips back to current time.

I think I found a MAJOR bug. I hope it's just my phone and I need to reflash. The htc album won't connect to my facebook friend's photo albums. It shows how many albums and photos are in each album but it doesn't show any photos except their current profile picture.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2