PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mammcdonald is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch flo not working after turned on this morning

i turned my phone on after it booted up for the little while i look down and the today screen is just back ground and start at top and battery bar what happened how do i fix i went in to look at contacts and they are all gone help. the unit know comes on and starts the device management and says hands free activation contacting network it runs then it says that it must restart unit and does it it just keeps doing this. HELP pleaseeeeeee

Last edited by mammcdonald; 03-16-2010 at 10:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Re: touch flo not working after turned on this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammcdonald View Post
i turned my phone on after it booted up for the little while i look down and the today screen is just back ground and start at top and battery bar what happened how do i fix i went in to look at contacts and they are all gone help. the unit know comes on and starts the device management and says hands free activation contacting network it runs then it says that it must restart unit and does it it just keeps doing this. HELP pleaseeeeeee
Happened to mine last night running Stock Sprint rom. Had to do a hard reset works fine now.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mammcdonald is a n00b

yep stock just a bunch of apps tried hard reset pulled battery still no touch flow i'm getting pissed my baby can't die right before sprint gets 6.5 out i might have to go postal on some one.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Are you sure you did a hard reset and not a soft reset? Sorry I had to ask.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

click start settings today and make sure tf3d is selected if that doesnt work go to clear storage and type 1234 to wipe device. always save a copy of pim to memory card to backup contacts then change default pim to pimold and place pim from mem card to root of my device and soft reset.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:41 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

my gfs stock tp2 did that the other day(like, over the weekend). she called me and said everything the op said, exept could still see the contacts. she could take calls, but not make them from the phone and it was super sluggish. i told her the same thing sprintgirl said in the previous post. to no avail, the box WAS checked. multiple soft resets ensued. i even unchecked tf3d, checked other boxes, viewed the results, and nothing still. she brought it home and i was gonna hard reset it, but she said she had alot of new contacts since her last backup. (we still use sprite back up, no matter what any one says about it. and i dont like ms myphone...) so i started a back up. it ussually take 5 min or so, but this time after 5 min, it was at 3 percent or something. i stopped paying attention, and after its last soft reset(sprite take about 3 softresets during the process to kill apps an the such) tf3d came back and the phone acted fine. im not sure what happened. i didnt hard reset, to see if i could trigger it or if it would happen again. it hasnt happened again since.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mammcdonald is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
click start settings today and make sure tf3d is selected if that doesnt work go to clear storage and type 1234 to wipe device. always save a copy of pim to memory card to backup contacts then change default pim to pimold and place pim from mem card to root of my device and soft reset.
Still new but get some stuff but what is pim and how do i save it to card sorry for being so green. really no need tio save any thing all my contacts are gone. i do have a back up on my phone. all my tweaks and fixes are all stored on my card any way so not worried about theme. thanks for all the help please tell me if im doing right. just checked and under today touchFLO 3D is the only thing checked. so now go to storage clear? and to hard rest i just pushed the red reset button under the hood right?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That is called a soft reset, it is a reboot of the device. Go to settings/all settings/system and tap on clear storage. Follow the prompts to enter 1234 in the box and tap OK. It will take a couple of minutes to reset back to factory default.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mammcdonald is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: touch flo not working after turned on this morning

I got it thank you all that have helped god bless you and the phone that you have.
thanks from the bottom of my heart.:hea dbang:
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have had this problem a total of 3 times so far on a stock sprint rom- the only solution for me was to hard reset and reload a backup made by Sprite. Some observations:
1) Its has happened to me when I was either roaming or had bad coverage
2) The phone occasionally seems to work but touchflo does not load- toggling it on and off does nothing
3) When I am stuck in this "mode" I get the "hands free activation" message- when this is displayed the phone's battery gets discharged fairly rapidly
4) If I try to soft reset it several times I will get the message on the grey screen (see here for picture)- the phone cannot boot etc
Like I said it has happened three times so far- unfortunately I am too lazy to rebuild the whole phone with all my programs so eventually I hard reset the phone and load the Sprite backup from the night before- this means I never really start "completely over"
I wish I knew what was causing this- my hope is that a fresh build with the upcoming 6.5 stock rom will solve the problem

Last edited by jimmyz; 03-16-2010 at 09:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2