PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 no removable storage, no file explorer, no usb hdd, NO COPY AND PASTE

I guess I will say goodbye to WM family and either jump into Android or iPhone. And you know what, they said the iphone will support multi-tasking starting from 4.0.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

this has to be some sorth of a sick joke... seriously?
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I dont believe these rumors of no cut, copy and paste. Maybe the early beta versions being displayed at MIX10 did not have this functionality enabled but I find it hard that Microsoft will bring out any "smart" device without this functionality.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
I dont believe these rumors of no cut, copy and paste. Maybe the early beta versions being displayed at MIX10 did not have this functionality enabled but I find it hard that Microsoft will bring out any "smart" device without this functionality.
thats what i was thinking but there is a quote from microsoft saying its not a neccesity and they have no plans for it. I'm finding this harder and harder to believe everyday. at first i was onboard even with no custom ui's and installs only from marketplace but they are taking it too far, i can't support this OS, its everything i despise about the iphone.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
No rumor man, lol. It was confirmed by MS. Check it out here:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20...html?tag=mncol

Here's the exact quote:
"We don't enable copy and paste and we do that very intentionally," Windows Phone executive Todd Brix said in an interview.

And another quote, same article:
"It's actually an intentional design decision," he said. "We try to anticipate what the user wants so copy and paste isn't necessary."

No joke man, this is already 100% confirmed by MS in multiple interviews, on multiple sites. I know it's diffucult to believe they would be so stupid, but it's true.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 03-17-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Olghb is a n00b

This is really sick! I can't believe it! I will never go to Android or the Iphone! I will keep my Windows Moblie 6.5 still hell freezes over! Microsoft is making a big mistake!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

theredmonkey is a n00b
Re: WP7 no removable storage- am i missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yeah I was ready to get back on the windows train also but no storage card, USB driver, or file explorer is kind of unacceptable for me. Seems like I'll be chillin wit android for awhile.
If I get 16-32 gigs that's enough storage for me. I do not like being locked in for apps though. But I am sure we can find a way around that.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: WP7 no removable storage- am i missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredmonkey View Post
If I get 16-32 gigs that's enough storage for me. I do not like being locked in for apps though. But I am sure we can find a way around that.
That may be enough storage for now, but what do you do when you get a new phone- transfer all 32 gigs or whatever to the new phone? And this is after first using zune software to "sync" it to your computer because it no longer has a USB flash drive mode?

I could honestly deal with not installing apps outside the app store. But the rest of these crappy changes are all deal breakers for me. Any 1 of them is a deal breaker. All of them combined is just ridiculous.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

At this point I wonder..why doesn't MS just license the OS from Apple, put MetroUI on it and call it a day...they could then have everything they want in 1 week complete rather then waiting till end of the year...no one will even notice...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
At this point I wonder..why doesn't MS just license the OS from Apple, put MetroUI on it and call it a day...they could then have everything they want in 1 week complete rather then waiting till end of the year...no one will even notice...
For all we know they tried that, lol.

No, actually, I'm sure they never intended to pay for it. They planned on stealing it from the get go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2