PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ebay and my tp2

ok so i have never sold a phone on ebay before. i have to sell my tp2, sigh, and i had some questions for people here who have sold phones before.

is it a good idea to leave it unlocked? if so how would i go about telling the buyer? or should i just relock it? and is it able to be unlocked again by the buyer if they wanted to?

thanks for any input
Old 03-14-2010, 01:42 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Re: ebay and my tp2

how much do u want for it?

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:45 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

leaving it unlock is fine. but if i were you say it's hardspl unlock and not sim unlocked, as they are different things.

also if your willing to do a quick sell, PM me your price and pictures

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

richc3 is just getting started

Selling mine as well, the Telus CDMA version. Often your CDMA version is worth a bit less than the AT&T GSM version.

Personally, I'd AVOID ebay if possible just because of all the transaction fees, (think it's 8% or so) not to mention you can get heavily scammed.

I'd deal locally (cash) or via EMT (Email money transfer) depending on what your country uses. Neither of those can use a "chargeback" feature.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

I sold one of mine and I flashed default sprint rom back on there and re-locked it.. and it ended up selling for 340.. which isn't bad considering it was used.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

thanks guys. sent you a pm stanglifemike and twe90kid.

yeah, i am very hesitant about ebay...when dealing locally are there stores that buy phones at a decent price. i just wouldn't even know where to look to sell...i guess maybe craigslist. well thanks for the input glad i waited to ask before posting on ebay
Old 03-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

gazelle.com will pay like $180 for it. You prob. want more but if you cant sell it then I would check it out.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

If you do decide to go through ebay, MAKE 100% SURE that the person that buys it has a CONFIRMED address on Paypal. Also, make sure however you ship, you get a tracking number and delivery confirmation and HOLD ON to them in case the buyer tries to scam you. If they do a chargeback, Paypal will put a hold on those funds and if they have a confirmed address, all you have to do is supply Paypal with the tracking number and delivery confirmation, and the hold will be lifted.

This happened to me once. I've always put in my ebay listings that any buyers that do not have a confirmed address shouldn't bother bidding because I will not honor their winning bid.

So again,
Make sure buyer has a confirmed address on paypal,
Get tracking number and delivery confirmation
Hold onto the receipts!

I printed my shipping label online using UPS so that way i won't lose the tracking info
Old 03-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
gazelle.com will pay like $180 for it. You prob. want more but if you cant sell it then I would check it out.
man i wish verizon would do a buy back sorta system, even just credit your account toward another phone. but they'd probably rip ya on it, haha.

that gazelle site seems pretty cool. the big plus is i wouldn't have to worry about anything really, just does their inspection match my description so i get the money the originally quoted. but yeah thank you very much for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
If you do decide to go through ebay, MAKE 100% SURE that the person that buys it has a CONFIRMED address on Paypal. Also, make sure however you ship, you get a tracking number and delivery confirmation and HOLD ON to them in case the buyer tries to scam you. If they do a chargeback, Paypal will put a hold on those funds and if they have a confirmed address, all you have to do is supply Paypal with the tracking number and delivery confirmation, and the hold will be lifted.

This happened to me once. I've always put in my ebay listings that any buyers that do not have a confirmed address shouldn't bother bidding because I will not honor their winning bid.

So again,
Hold onto the receipts!

I printed my shipping label online using UPS so that way i won't lose the tracking info
man ebay is startin to spook me. i know its rare that bad things happen but i just hate having that feeling that it could turn into a nightmare. maybe i should just post a listing here on the forums to sell it. however i guess the same kinda problems can happen...
Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

richc3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post

So again,
Hold onto the receipts!

Well you can still lose even if you have delivery confirmation. Essentially the buyer says "item not as described" and that they'll ship the item back.

For all you know, they shipped you a box with a brick in it. You sign for it, they have YOU on file now (confirmation / tracking) and you lose your case with Paypal. Scammer wins.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2