PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

phantom92 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation RUN windows 95 on your TP2.. (here)

Here i bring you windows 95 for the tp2...
i did not make it i simply posted this.. enjoy

Windows 95 Mobile 1.1
Requirements: WM 2000 - 6.5, VGA & WVGA Highly Recommended, 64+ RAM, 90MB Storage For Installation, External Keyboard Recommended
Overview: Run Windows 95 on your Pocket PC or Smartphone, without flashing the firmware.

Changelog (Since 0.95)
* Much easier to install/launch
* More compatible
* Smaller size
* Safer

Known Issues:
* Mouse cursor needs to be dragged with stylus or moved with the devices arrow button.

Installation:

DO NOT INSTALL THE STANDARD VERSION TO STORAGE CARD. INSTEAD USE ALTERNATE.

Note for devices with screens less than VGA (QVGA, WQVGA, Etc.):
Download Nyidot Virtual Display (in the download section).
Install it.
Open Settings > System > Virtual Display.
Change Width to 480, Height to 640.
Change Orientation to one of the landscape modes.
Soft Reset and continue with the instructions below.
---

Installation

For standard install:
1. Open the EXE and follow the install instructions.
2. Open Settings > Personal > Buttons and map a button on your phone for '<Input Pannel>'.

For alternate install (to Strorage Card):
1. Make sure your Storage Card has at least 100mb of free space.
2. Extract the 'win95.bin.zip' file. Copy the BIN file inside to the root of your Storage Card.
3. Open the EXE and follow the install instructions.
4. After the install is done, find out the name of your memory card (it could be Storage Card, SD Card, CF Slot, etc.)
5. Open the file 'boschrc.txt' in the root of your device with Word Mobile. Click Menu > Edit > Find/Replace.
6. Click 'Replace...'. In the first box type 'Storage Card'. In the other type the name of your card (the one that you found out earlier).
7. Save the file. Make sure you choose to keep the current format. Do NOT save it as a word document.
8. Open Settings > Personal > Buttons and map a button on your phone for '<Input Pannel>'.

Use After Installation
- If you did an alternate install, insert your Memory Card.
- Click Start > Programs > Windows 95.
- Give the app a minute to start up. If you get a message that there is not enough memory, free up as much as you can.
- Eventualy, you will see the Windows 95 boot screen. You can make the app go fullscreen by pressing the 'Fn' button on VGAKey and pressing one of the 'F' keys (not sure which one).
- You might have to run 'ScanDisk' the first time you start. Let it quickly scan your PDA.
- In fullscreen mode, press the button theat you assigned to <Input Panel> to bring up the keyboard.
- The mouse might not work properly on your device. Use the arrow buttons on your PDA to move it, or try draging the cursor instead of tapping. Remember, Windows 95 was never programmed for touch screens.
Press F12 on VGAKEY for fullscreen, F5 For Mouse.

More Info:
Code:
http://bochs.sourceforge.net
moonscapex@gmail.com

Download Instructions: Copy to device and run.
EXE Installer (For device):
http://www.4shared.com/file/21268789..._standard.html

Mirrors (Thanks to N'ash):
http://depositfiles.com/en/files/aht1q30gz
http://hotfile.com/dl/26823592/37da9...ndard.exe.html
http://www.zshare.net/download/72029218938fbd23/
http://www.badongo.com/file/20204011

Mirrors (Thanks to AlAneed):
http://www.2shared.com/file/11060160..._standard.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/34453220...ndard.exe.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CRLAP2F
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=213907

Alternate (Storage Card):
Part 1: http://www.4shared.com/file/21308710...nst95_alt.html
Part 2: http://4shared.com/file/213095247/c4.../win95bin.html
Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: RUN windows 95 on your TP2.. (here)

This is cool....
Old 04-15-2010, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Works but slow and on our TP2's the VGA key keyboard is brutally small. Thanks though. Here are a couple of screenshots!

If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

that's kinda cool
Old 03-11-2011, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Will it run XP ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 03-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Will it run XP ?
I have heard some that are running 98 on their TP2... but have not heard of anyone with xp...

Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

this is actually pretty neat. got it up and running but now what to do with it? lol i guess it's cool just to have and show people.

anyone else done this though? i ask because after i was playing around i rebooted my phone and it won't boot past the first htc splash screen. probably one of the cabs i imagine? oh well, time for hard reset
Old 03-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Hard reset? Awe... bummer. It is cool that you got it running though! Good job! =]
Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

thanks! and yeah hard reset, it's no biggie.

the method above in the first post wasn't working for me, so i found another thread on xda and followed those instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmilosev View Post
This Goes for Windows 95
Things thet you need:

VGA Pocket PC (Or you can run it on QVGA Device with Nydot Virtual Display)
Emulator Bochs ver. 2.3.5 (latest)
Total Commander CE / Resco Explorer
SE_VGA (In Serbian tutorial I sad this is needed but I discovered new way, and you don't need this.)
bochsrc.txt (I will give you that)
VGAKEY
Pocket Console
And I suggest WinRar because I pac my files in tar.gz archives.

Links are at the bottom of the page (they are 4shared)

1. Download PocketConsole and install it in you Internal Memory.
2. Download Total CMD/Resco Explorer and install it
3. Download VGA_KEY(or Resco Keyboard) and install it.
4. Download Bochsrc.txt and copy it to "/" so the path be like this : /<this is the place in which you place file>
5. Download Bochs 2.3.5 unpack it and install it to "/SD Card/Bochs" so the path be like this /SD Card/Bochs/<content of archive> (if you don't have SD Card PM ME)
6. Download Windows 95 image (nekifajlovi.tgz) and copy win95.img to "/SD Card/Bochs/" so the path to the file be like this " /SD Card/Bochs/<here is win95.img>
7. Switch you Pocket PC to Landscape mode.
8. Program one of your Hardware buttons to show you input menu when pressed - Keyboard"
9. Open Total Commander or Resco Ex. and go to /SD Card/Bochs/
10. Run bochs.exe file
11. Press 6 and Enter on VGA KEY
12. Turn on your VGA KEY and press FN two times. Then "F" buttons will show. Press F12 and then F5 (Mouse enable and fullscreen)
13. Windows 95 will now boot. (If it show some M$ error just press enter)

My folder on 4shared (Try my PianoNM, it is freeware program which lets you play piano on you device!) :
4shared - My 4shared - shared folder - free file sharing and storage

Try it!
found out it was pocketconsole cab that was making my phone lock on boot.

i'm still toying around with it to find what works best but i still think this is awesome.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you should be able to do XP... if i remember right, 100mb is the limit for it to be able to run... if you can compress the IMG to under or around that limit, then any Windows OS should run... even WIN7, though i doubt WIN7 and Vista can be compressed this much..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2