PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hanjamin300 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 doesn't notifiy me when i receive a text

I have me TP2 setup to make a sound, vibrate, and flash the led for an unlimited amount of time. All it does though is flash the light. Why won't it do the other things?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: TP2 doesn't notifiy me when i receive a text

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanjamin300 View Post
I have me TP2 setup to make a sound, vibrate, and flash the led for an unlimited amount of time. All it does though is flash the light. Why won't it do the other things?
Make sure that under Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications, the first 3 boxes are checked. These boxes are on the first tab named "Sounds".

Many times, users have everything setup correctly on the 2nd tab, but a checkbox was accidentally unchecked on the first page

Let me know if this works! If not, please post which ROM you are running.

Also, you may want to update your phone information under your profile.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

hanjamin300 is a n00b

Man, i feel so dumb right now. That worked perfect. I didn't even realize that needed to be checked. Thank you so much!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

TiPPY2 is a n00b
Angry Re: TP2 doesn't notifiy me when i receive a text

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Make sure that under Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications, the first 3 boxes are checked. These boxes are on the first tab named "Sounds".

Many times, users have everything setup correctly on the 2nd tab, but a checkbox was accidentally unchecked on the first page

Let me know if this works! If not, please post which ROM you are running.

Also, you may want to update your phone information under your profile.

Im having the same problem. all 3 boxes are checked and it will work for a while, but after a ongoing conversation, it will stop notifying me all together. the ROM im running is 1.21.651.4 or 6.1 (I THINK) Im a noob so i cant really tell. what rom are you running and which is better for me??? this phone is giving me a $%!@ing fit.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPPY2 View Post
Im having the same problem. all 3 boxes are checked and it will work for a while, but after a ongoing conversation, it will stop notifying me all together. the ROM im running is 1.21.651.4 or 6.1 (I THINK) Im a noob so i cant really tell. what rom are you running and which is better for me??? this phone is giving me a $%!@ing fit.
I'm running MightyROM. I highly recommend it if you are not liking your current ROM.

When your phone stops notifying you, do you have the HTC messaging screen open? Because the HTC messaging screen actually only plays your text message tone for less than a second because it thinks you already are watching that screen.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Quote:
Is the ROM stock? or a custom? And for noobs I recommend Sprint Lover's, if you're running Sprint. And Mighty's is always good for stability and speed and it's generic so even if you have a CDMA phone other than Sprint you can still run it perfectly well, just remember to configure to the proper carrier
Old 03-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Lurker

TiPPY2 is a n00b

No, I could be on the home screen and I would just so happen to look at the phone, and 12 messages would be there. NOW it won't ring NOR will it send or receive text. I'd go a whole day sending messages to people wondering why no ones replied. I've gotten to the point where I soft reset this damn thing everyday and hard reset it every other day. I think it's time to take a trip to sprint. I'm seriously tired of it.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
No, I could be on the home screen and I would just so happen to look at the phone, and 12 messages would be there. NOW it won't ring NOR will it send or receive text. I'd go a whole day sending messages to people wondering why no ones replied. I've gotten to the point where I soft reset this damn thing everyday and hard reset it every other day. I think it's time to take a trip to sprint. I'm seriously tired of it.
Uh-oh. It sounds like you might have a hardware issue. In that case, Sprint is your best option. Do you have any issues with music playing through the speakers?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Lurker

TiPPY2 is a n00b

I don't have any problem when it comes to music playing through the speakers, that works fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2