PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
In call static on Sprint and TP2

Have TP2 with MightyRom 2/10 on Sprint. Seems like recently, last few weeks or so, I having a brief static sound while I'm in a call. It's a very very brief 1/2 second of static. During this static, I can't hear the other person at all. In between the static blips, the sound is fine. Crystal clear. The static blips occur at pretty regular intervals, roughly every 10 seconds or so.

Does this sound like a phone issue, general sprint issue, or possibly a tower?

Anyone else having this issue with Sprint or the TP2 in general?

Thanks
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: In call static on Sprint and TP2

Weird you say that cuz i'm on MightyRom WAR and my phone did that the other day I wasn't sure if it was a Sprint thing or Radio w/e, but I know exactly what you're talking about... I was talking to my girl on her TP2 and it got all static-like and I couldnt really hear her that good than it cleared up than came back again..

Old 03-11-2010, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I've had an occasional static on mine lately and I'm on X's ROM so it's not the ROM, I'd say it's Sprint getting their system ready to dump the 6.5 stock ROM on us!!! I honestly just assumed whoever I was talking to had a bad signal as I was getting full bars.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

I to thought it was the other person, but then it started happening to phone calls to a variety of people. I asked them if they can hear it and they say they can't. So I know its on my end. My wife and daughter claim they haven't had it happen to them though they use blackberries. Today though, I talked to several people at various times and the sound wasn't there at all. But when it happens it is very annoying.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

sprint is doing a ton of updating not just for 6.5 or 2.1 but also for the launching of 4g. even though it seems like you are having issues i can assure you sprint is the most reliable network. every tower has been built exclusively by sprint from the ground up. unlike other companies we didnt go around buying up all the mom and pop wireless companies. this is why sprint was the first to launch 3g and 4g currently in test cities but soon to hit the national market. if you continue to have issues you can adjust the choice of towers your phone has access to by switching from home only or sprint only to automatic to allow your signal to pass through another companies towers. beware this could incur roaming charges if you are not on a nationwide no roaming plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2