PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
((OPERA FIX)) Unable to post on www.ppcgeeks.com and view some PC versions of sites!?

i have been seeing people talk about these 2 issues every since i started hanging in this forum. i found a fix for mine last nite by comparing my sprint tp2 to a friend's tmobile tp2.

PROBLEM #1
Opera will not allow you to post from on www.ppcgeeks.com (the pc version) because the reply box is grayed out and will not allow you to input any text.

Problem #2
Opera will not allow you to view the pc version of some sites. it automatically redirects you to the mobile version. if you type in www.website.com, it automatically sends you to m.website.com

These 2 problems have been driving me crazy since the first day i got my tp2, especially since my friend's Tmobile tp2 didnt have these issues... ive saw others experiencing the same issues so i figured i'd tyr and help a few people out.

The problem is that the Sprint version of Opera it set to be detected by the website you are browsing to as a mobile browser. The Tmobile version of Opera is set as a PC browser. This is why i was never able to post on www.ppcgeeks.com (PC version) and when i tried to go to www.facebook.com, www.htc.com, etc, Opera always sent me to m.facebook.com, m.htc.com, etc until last nite.

What you need to do to solve these problems is change the Custom User-Agent:

1. Enter "opera:config" into your Opera address bar
2. Scroll down to "User Prefs"
3. Scroll down to "Custom User-Agent"
4. Enter the following:
Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)
5. Exit out of Opera. I also did a soft reset

That should solve your issues if you are having those problems.

Last edited by puff601; 07-14-2010 at 07:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

So, where is this fix?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Re: to m make OPERA allow u to post on www.ppcgeeks.com and view PC version of sites!

Is it Opera Mini that doesn't allow this? I can do that using Opera Mobile. Maybe just go under setting and turn off mobile view?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: to m make OPERA allow u to post on www.ppcgeeks.com and view PC version of sites!

Sorry about that, i accidentally posted the thread before i was done with it lol. Its opera mobile i am talking about and turning off mobile view doesnt fix it.

@demon I can tell that you have this problem because before your post it says the same thing mine used to say:
Wirelessly posted Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380
Old 03-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Mercman1 is a n00b
Re: How to make OPERA allow u to post on www.ppcgeeks.com and view PC version of site

Thanks for that info, I have been having the same issues also, just didn't have a phone from another carrier to compare against! Will try it shortly...
Old 03-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Mercman1 is a n00b
Re: How to make OPERA allow u to post on www.ppcgeeks.com and view PC version of site

Alrighty then, seems to be working fine! Thx-
Old 03-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yw merc
Old 03-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work

I wonder if the Skyfire browser does the same thing? Like for instance going to hulu it'll say the browser is incompatible or something like that.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
I wonder if the Skyfire browser does the same thing? Like for instance going to hulu it'll say the browser is incompatible or something like that.
Ive never used skyfire, maybe someone else can answer this.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (SIM Unlocked: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

hulu and skyfire don't play together, seriously.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2