PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
dem0n2001's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: TouchPro2 w/ Android
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 53
Reputation: 30
dem0n2001 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

Anybody see these two threads and or have tried it?


http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=640785

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=631437
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Noir's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,042
Reputation: 2120
Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

I did but I am having some issues with it I get an error. I said I would wait for a new updated file and check it out.
I already reported it for x1 I dunno if users of blacstone have any issues though
edit lemme try again i see there is a build for rhodium test now
edit
works well I can't wait for wifi and sound though then I can use youtube, facebook and naughty tube >=)
__________________

Last edited by Noir; 03-05-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 PM
chronster's Avatar
i like turtles
Offline
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,102
Reputation: 2365
chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I did but I am having some issues with it I get an error. I said I would wait for a new updated file and check it out.
I already reported it for x1 I dunno if users of blacstone have any issues though
edit lemme try again i see there is a build for rhodium test now
edit
works well I can't wait for wifi and sound though then I can use youtube, facebook and naughty tube >=)
so you think flash would run smooth then?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
ShadowDrake's Avatar
ShadowDrake
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

Heh, neat, but a bit useless...

528 MHz ARM processor (less capable per clock cycle than intel-based processors) and 288 MB of RAM, plus the slow SD speed makes it feel kinda sluggish, but hey, what can you possibly expect! It's a desktop OS on your phone!

Edit: Above means flash is going to be pretty bad. Hell, flash is pretty damn terrible on a 1.6ghz dual core intel processor.

Like the last guy said, no sound or wifi yet, though wifi is working for the X1 - someone will get it going for the TP2 in no time. Not terribly useful, but pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Noir's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,042
Reputation: 2120
Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Heh, neat, but a bit useless...

528 MHz ARM processor (less capable per clock cycle than intel-based processors) and 288 MB of RAM, plus the slow SD speed makes it feel kinda sluggish, but hey, what can you possibly expect! It's a desktop OS on your phone!

Edit: Above means flash is going to be pretty bad. Hell, flash is pretty damn terrible on a 1.6ghz dual core intel processor.

Like the last guy said, no sound or wifi yet, though wifi is working for the X1 - someone will get it going for the TP2 in no time. Not terribly useful, but pretty cool.
weird bootup was very fast and firefox loaded a bit fast. Plus this version is favored on slow processors
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 04:47 PM
ShadowDrake's Avatar
ShadowDrake
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
weird bootup was very fast and firefox loaded a bit fast. Plus this version is favored on slow processors
It wasn't too terrible, but it wasn't quite like the winmo/android experience on the phone where everything is almost instant.

I never use firefox on my netbook or desktop - long load times, especially when compared to Chrome. It's Chrome FTW for me. Maybe I'll add that to the ubuntu image :P
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Noir's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,042
Reputation: 2120
Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

and wifi =) plus sound
or maybe a better netbook image =/
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2010, 05:05 PM
raidzero's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Location: PPCG
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,193
Reputation: 5220
raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Ubuntu on Rhodium- 04/03/10

I would like to see gentoo ported. lol it would take days to compile your kernel on the phone but it wouldn't be slow in the end!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
rhodium, touch pro 2, tp2, ubuntu

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com